5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- triple bond
- partial pressure
- perfect gas
- a A state of matter having a definite shape and a definite volume, whose particles cohere rigidly to one another, so it can be independent of its container.
- b The pressure exerted independently by each gas in a mixture of gases.
- c A gas that behaves exactly according to theory.
- d SI unit of length. 39.37 inches.
- e A covalent bond in which three pairs of electrons are shared between two atoms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The shape of the surface of a liquid when placed in a glass cylinder.
- A solution with one mole of solute per mole of solution.
- The substance that is dissolved in a solution.
- Stored energy, or the energy of an object due to its relative position.
5 True/False questions
molarity → Small discrete increments of energy.
properties → The characteristics of substances that give them unique identities.
speed (of a wave) → A measurement of how fast a wave moves through space.
volume percent (solution) → The volume of solute in 100 mL of solution.
physical properties → Inherent physical properties of a substance that can be determined without altering its composition: color, taste, odor, state of matter, density, melting point, boiling point.