5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A subatomic particle found in the nucleus of the atom that caries a positive electrical charge and a mass of about 1 amu.
- b The characteristics of substances that give them unique identities.
- c Evaporation.
- d The shape of the surface of a liquid when placed in a glass cylinder.
- e A system of a solvent and one or more solutes homogeneously mixed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A measure of the earth's gravitational attraction for an object.
- An explanation of the general principles of certain phenomena with considerable evidence to support it; a well established hypothesis.
- The mass percent represented by each element in the compound.
- A homogeneous part of a system separated from the other parts by a physical boundary.
- The resistance in a liquid to increase its surface area.
5 True/False questions
principal energy levels of electrons → Existing within the atom, these energy levels contain orbitals within which electrons are found.
temperature → A measure of the intensity of heat, or of how hot or cold a system is; SI unit is the kelvin (K).
trigonal planar → An arrangement of atoms in the VSEPR model where the three pairs of electrons are placed 120 degrees apart on a flat plane.
limiting reactant → A chemical substance entering into a chemical reaction.
partial pressure → Stored energy, or the energy of an object due to its relative position.