5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- trigonal planar
- a An arrangement of atoms in the VSEPR model where the three pairs of electrons are placed 120 degrees apart on a flat plane.
- b Small discrete increments of energy.
- c A measure of the intensity of heat, or of how hot or cold a system is; SI unit is the kelvin (K).
- d A unit of pressure (1 torr = 1 mm Hg).
- e Valence-shell electron-pair repulsion; a simple model for predicting the shapes of molecules.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The resistance in a liquid to increase its surface area.
- A tiny packet of energy that streams with others of its kind to produce a beam of light.
- The dense center of an atom.
- A solid that contains water molecules as part of its crystalline structure.
- A reactant the limits the amount of product formed by running out first in a chemical reaction.
5 True/False questions
subscript → Matter that is homogeneous and has a definite, fixed composition; substances occur in two forms- elements and compounds.
isotope → A tiny packet of energy that streams with others of its kind to produce a beam of light.
reactant → Small discrete increments of energy.
partial pressure → The pressure exerted independently by each gas in a mixture of gases.
speed (of a wave) → A gas that behaves exactly according to theory.