5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- normal boiling point
- mass number
- a The area of chemistry that deals with the quantitative relationships among reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
- b The sum of the protons and neutrons in the nucleus of a given isotope of an atom.
- c The number of moles of solute per liter of solution.
- d The temperature at which the vapor pressure of a liquid equals 1 atm or 760 torr pressure.
- e The ability of a solute to dissolve in a solvent.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The substance that is dissolved in a solution.
- A measure of the earth's gravitational attraction for an object.
- A state of matter in which the particles move about freely while the substance retains a definite volume; thus, liquids flow and take the shape of their containers.
- Matter containing two or more substances, which can be present in variable amounts.
- An arrangement of the elements according to their atomic numbers. The table consists of horizontal rows, or periods, and vertical columns, or families, of elements. Each period ends with a noble gas.
5 True/False questions
STP (Standard Temperature and Pressure) → An arrangement of the VSEPR model where four pairs of electrons are placed 109.5 degrees apart to form tetrahedron.
transition elements → The metallic elements characterized by increasing numbers of d and f electrons. These elements are located in Groups IB - VIIB and in Group VII of the periodic table.
line spectrum → Colored lines generated when light emitted by a gas is passed through a spectroscope. Each element is unique.
SI → The quantity or amount of matter that an object possesses.
physical states of matter → Solids, liquids, and gases.