5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- molar mass
- potential energy
- physical states of matter
- a Stored energy, or the energy of an object due to its relative position.
- b The area of chemistry that deals with the quantitative relationships among reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
- c The number of moles of solute per liter of solution.
- d Solids, liquids, and gases.
- e The mass of a mole of atoms or molecules.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A solution containing more solute than needed for a saturated solution at a particular temperature.
- The dense center of an atom.
- A gas that behaves exactly according to theory.
- An element that is not a metal.
- The resistance in a liquid to increase its surface area.
5 True/False questions
line spectrum → A gas that behaves exactly according to theory.
pressure → Force per unit area; expressed in many units, such as mm Hg, atm, lb/in squared, torr, and pascal.
temperature → Matter containing two or more substances, which can be present in variable amounts.
parts per million → An ion composed of more than one atom.
period → The horizontal groupings (rows) of elements in the periodic table.