5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The exact orgin of these entertaining poems is not certain, but ______ became popular when a british poet and painter named edward lear published "A boot of nonsense", a collectoin of 72 _________. (the same answer goes in bothe blanks)
- Comparison that often uses a form of to be
- A ________ is a popular saying whose meaning can not be determined word for word but by the expressopn it represents.
- A ______ ______ is a group of two or three syllables with an accent on one of the syllables.
- A familar pattern of meter is called the _____. The _______ is a foot of two syallables with no accent on the 1st syllable but an accent on the second syllable. (Same answer for both)
- a Idiom
- b Iambus
- c metaphor
- d Limeracks
- e Poetic Foot
5 Multiple choice questions
- *rhyme scheme
- stressed and unstressed.
5 True/False questions
Through _______________ we hear the pounding stir, the song of a thrush, a voice from history. (It is in a poem and you can hear it) → Visual Imagery
_____ gives human qualitys to an nonhuman object → metaphor
Traditional poems have _______ and ________. → stressed and unstressed.
________ is a set of stressed and unstressed syllables. → Iamb
A ______ is an exagerated statment wsed for effect and not meant to tbe taken litterally. → hyperbole