5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Many poems have a spectic ______ ________.
- Comparison that often uses a form of to be
- When the feet are put together, they make a special pattern called ______.
- A ______ ______ is a group of two or three syllables with an accent on one of the syllables.
- A sound word. Ex. Chugged, rickety, babbled, howled
- a Poetic Foot
- b onomatoeia
- c meter
- d metaphor
- e Rhyme scheme
5 Multiple choice questions
- stressed and unstressed.
5 True/False questions
The sun sizzled the swimmers skin. The wild wind whistled and wailed. The rapidy rising river rushed rampantly. These are an example of ________ → onomatoeia
The exact orgin of these entertaining poems is not certain, but ______ became popular when a british poet and painter named edward lear published "A boot of nonsense", a collectoin of 72 _________. (the same answer goes in bothe blanks) → metaphor
A ______ is an exagerated statment wsed for effect and not meant to tbe taken litterally. → Iamb
Through _______________ we hear the pounding stir, the song of a thrush, a voice from history. (It is in a poem and you can hear it) → Visual Imagery
________ is a set of stressed and unstressed syllables. → Iamb