5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- This defines what?? Art of expressing ones thought in verse, listening exprience, should be read aloud, has rythm and meaning, arouses our emotions through visual imagery,_______ is thrifty w/ words
- Traditional poems have _______ and ________.
- This rythmic quality is produced by the rise and fall of the sounds whcih suggest the ___________ or _______ of the poem.
- A sound word. Ex. Chugged, rickety, babbled, howled
- ________ is a set of stressed and unstressed syllables.
- a action or mood
- b poetry
- c rhythm and meter
- d onomatoeia
- e Iamb
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rhyme scheme
- Auditory Imagery
5 True/False questions
The sun sizzled the swimmers skin. The wild wind whistled and wailed. The rapidy rising river rushed rampantly. These are an example of ________ → alliteration
When the feet are put together, they make a special pattern called ______. → Rhyme scheme
A ________ is a popular saying whose meaning can not be determined word for word but by the expressopn it represents. → Idiom
AABBA is an example of a ______________. (has star) → stressed and unstressed.
The exact orgin of these entertaining poems is not certain, but ______ became popular when a british poet and painter named edward lear published "A boot of nonsense", a collectoin of 72 _________. (the same answer goes in bothe blanks) → metaphor