5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- legal custody
- Ex Parte Divorce
- Divorce a Mensa et Thoro
- a the right to make the major child rearing decisions on health, education, religion, discipline and general welfare.
- b a Judicial separation, a limied divorce. The parties are not free to remarry, since they are still married after receiving this kind of "divorce".
- c the infliction of serious physical or mental suffering on another
- d waste, destroy, or squander
- e A divorce granted by a court when only one party (the plaintiff) was present before the court. Teh court may not have had personal jurisdiction over the defendant.
5 Multiple choice questions
- when a judgment on its merits has been rendered,the parties cannot relitigate the same dispute (i.e., the same cause of action); the parties have already had their day in court.
- additional evidence of a point beyond that offered by the person asserting the point
- the parent with physical custody.
- a bill of divorcement in a Jewish divorce
- income that will be assumed to be available regardless of whether it is actually available.
5 True/False questions
guardian ad litem → a special guardian appointed by the court to represent the interests of another.
arrearage → paymnets that are due, but have not been made (also called arrears.)
covenant marriage → a form of marriage that requires proof of premarital counseling, a promise to seek marital counseling when needed during the marriage, and proof of marital fault to dissolve
supervised visitations → visitation of a child in the presence of an adult other than the custodial parent.
irreconcilable differences → such discord esists between the spouses that the marriage has undergone an irremediable breakdown.