Create an account
3. Eukaryotic flagella differ from prokaryotic flagella because only eukaryotic flagella
8. When a eukaryotic cell is not undergoing mitosis, the DNA and its associated proteins appear as a visible thread-like mass called the
11. Which of the following is found in eukaryotic cells but not in prokaryotic cells?
12. The endosymbiotic theory says that precursor eukaryotic cells acquired flagella by endosymbiosis with a _____ ancestor, and others gained photosynthetic ability from endosymbiosis with a _____ ancestor.
13. The cell's series of tunnel-like membranes functioning in transport and storage are the
14. An organelle that is a stack of flattened, membranous sacs and functions to receive, modify, and package proteins for cell secretion is the
15. Which organelle contains cristae where enzymes and electron carriers for aerobic respiration are found?
18. The cytoskeleton
functions in movements of the cytoplasm.
helps maintain cell shape.
22. Fungi that grow as yeast at one temperature but will grow as mold at another temperature are called
26. A mold is observed to have asexual conidia, sexual spores within a sac, and septate hyphae. It is most likely classified in the
38. Both fish and humans develop neurological symptoms and bloody skin lesions due to a sudden "bloom" of this algae.
40. In order to reproduce sexually, diploid cells must produce _________ gametes through ________.
43. On what basis are fungi classified as Fungi Imperfecti, or Deuteromycota?
Based on if the fungus lacks a sexual state.
49. Chromosomes are not visible in the nucleus unless the cell is undergoing nuclear division. True False
56. Algae are classified into Divisions based principally on their type of motility. True False
59. Biologists have found evidence that eukaryotic cells evolved from prokaryotic organisms by a process of intracellular _____.
60. There are nine peripheral pairs and one central pair of _____ found inside eukaryotic flagella and cilia.
61. The passageways in the nuclear envelope for movement of substances to and from the nucleus and cytoplasm are called nuclear _____.
63. A _____ originates from the Golgi apparatus as one type of vesicle that contains a variety of enzymes for intracellular digestion.
64. Chloroplasts are composed of membranous sacs called _____ that carry chlorophyll. Surrounding these sacs is a ground substance called _____.
65. In eukaryotic cells, ribosomes have two locations: scattered in the _____, and on the surface of _____.
cytoplasm, rough er
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together