5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- theyhad to compromise on slavery
- make a new document
- New Jersey Plan
- they did not work
- a 3 branches of goverment + one representative per state
- b Instead of revising the Articles of Confederation what did the delegates decide to do?
- c What did Alexander Hamilton think about the Articles of Confederation?
- d Why did the Northern and Southern States have to compromise?
- e Were any of the 55 delegates to the Constitutional Convention also part of those who signed the Declaration of Independence?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who is often called the "Father of the Constitution?"
- a settlement in which each side gives up some of its demands in order to reach an agreement
- compromise between Virginia and New Jersey Plans
- Why did the delegates to the convention decide to keep their debates secret?
- When was the Constitutional Convention opened?
5 True/False questions
September 17, 1787 → When was the Constitutional Convention opened?
the north wanted to stop it + south said it was part of their life + it would damage southern population → Describe the disagreement over the slave trade.
We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union → What was the Three-Fifths Compromise?
he read books on history → compromise between Virginia and New Jersey Plans
everyone had different ideas → Who was the author of the Great Compromise?