5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- they did not work
- he read books on history
- when 9 states agreed to it
- make a new document
- New Jersey Plan
- a When would the new Constitution go into effect?
- b 3 branches of goverment + one representative per state
- c Instead of revising the Articles of Confederation what did the delegates decide to do?
- d Why was James Madison considered the best-prepared delegate to the Constitutional Convention?
- e What did Alexander Hamilton think about the Articles of Confederation?
5 Multiple choice questions
- a settlement in which each side gives up some of its demands in order to reach an agreement
- compromise between Virginia and New Jersey Plans
- Who was the author of the Great Compromise?
- When was the Constitutional Convention opened?
- Why did the delegates to the convention decide to keep their debates secret?
5 True/False questions
theyhad to compromise on slavery → Why did the Northern and Southern States have to compromise?
new goverment → What was the goal of the Constitutional Convention?
James Madison → Who is often called the "Father of the Constitution?"
yes → Were any of the 55 delegates to the Constitutional Convention also part of those who signed the Declaration of Independence?
We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union → What was the Three-Fifths Compromise?