5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a To surprise; to amaze
- b A medicine used to relieve pain
- c A small group of trees
- d (Typically of a young person or that person's behavior) Showing or characterized by a tendency to commit crime, particularly minor crime
- e Make (guilt or an offense) seem less serious or more forgivable.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A temporary failure of concentration, memory, or judgment
- Matter that settles to the bottom of a liquid; dregs.
- Not easily upset or excited; Calm and peaceful, with little movement or activity
- Marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness
- A hindrance or obstruction in doing something: "an impediment to progress".
5 True/False questions
Albeit → Although: "he was making progress, albeit rather slowly".
Misadventure → Exactness: the quality of being exact; "he demanded exactness in all
Verandah → A roofed platform along the outside of a house, level with the ground floor.
Bastion → A fortified area or position
Displacement → The moving of something from its place or position