How can you determine if there is an altered level of consciousness?
• can determine if client is alert/oriented by way that questions are answered during the history
• ***changes in LOC - earliest/most sensitive indicator of - Assessing awareness
• Determined by orientation, memory, attention, calculation, recall, and language, as well as judgment, insight, and abstraction
• Date/time—first orientation to disappear -Only a problem if remains disoriented
after being reoriented
• Place—2nd orientation to disappear
• Person—last orientation to disappear