Create an account
◦ Located along the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico
◦ Broad lowland providing many excellent harbors
◦ Located west of the Coastal Plain, extending from eastern Canada to western Alabama; includes the Piedmont
◦ Old, eroded mountains (oldest mountain range in North America)
◦ Wrapped around Hudson Bay in a horseshoe shape
◦ Hills worn by erosion and hundreds of lakes carved by glaciers
◦ Located west of the Appalachian Mountains and east of the Great Plains
◦ Rolling flatlands with many rivers, broad river valleys, and grassy hills
◦ Located west of Interior Lowlands and east of the Rocky Mountains
◦ Flat lands that gradually increase in elevation westward; grasslands
◦ Located west of the Great Plains and east of the Basin and Range
◦ Rugged mountains stretching from Alaska almost to Mexico; high elevations
◦ Contains the Continental Divide, which determines the directional flow of rivers
Basin and Range
◦ Located west of the Rocky Mountains and east of the Sierra Nevadas and the Cascades
◦ Varying elevations containing isolated mountain ranges and Death Valley, the lowest point in North America
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together