5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- El Cid
- Lope de Vega
- Camilo Jose Cela
- Perez Galdos
- a an epic poem. first most important work in Spanish literature. written in the 12th century.
- b (1562-1681) dramatist who write many plays but they weren't that good.
- c (1916- ) novelist. winner of the nobel prize for literature in 1989
- d (1845-1920) greatest Spanish novelist since Cervantes
- e he was a court painter to Philip the 4th in the 17th centurty. his most famous painting is called Las Meninas.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (1881-1958) and (1898-1984) poets. both winners of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1956 and 1977 respectively.
- composer of music for the piano
- winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1959 for his studies in heredity
- greatest spanish painter of the 18th and 19th centuries. his work attacked the social and political decay of the period.
- famous guitarist.
5 True/False questions
Manuel de Falla → Spain's greatest composer and the foremost representative of modern Spanish music
Calderon → (1600-1681) play writer, La Vida es Sueno.
El Greco → (the Greek) Domenico Theocopoulos. painter of the 16th century. Toledo. most of his paintings are of a religious nature.
Blasco → (1867-1928) novelist. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Blood and Sand. La Barrack.
Juan de la Cierva → aeronautical engineer. invented the autogyro in 1923 for funner of the helicopter