5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pablo Picasso
- Jacinto Benavente
- Severo Ochoa
- El Cid
- a (1866-1954) dramatist. won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1922
- b an epic poem. first most important work in Spanish literature. written in the 12th century.
- c painter of the 20th century. founder of the school of cubism. style of painting in which geometric forms represent human figures.
- d winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1959 for his studies in heredity
- e he was a court painter to Philip the 4th in the 17th centurty. his most famous painting is called Las Meninas.
5 Multiple choice questions
- greatest spanish painter of the 18th and 19th centuries. his work attacked the social and political decay of the period.
- winner of the nobel prize for medicine in 1906 for his studies on the central nervous system
- (1881-1958) and (1898-1984) poets. both winners of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1956 and 1977 respectively.
- (1562-1681) dramatist who write many plays but they weren't that good.
- (1867-1928) novelist. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Blood and Sand. La Barrack.
5 True/False questions
Alfonso (x) → (1600-1681) play writer, La Vida es Sueno.
Juan de la Cierva → (1562-1681) dramatist who write many plays but they weren't that good.
Miguel de Cervantes → Spain's greatest composer and the foremost representative of modern Spanish music
El Greco → (the Greek) Domenico Theocopoulos. painter of the 16th century. Toledo. most of his paintings are of a religious nature.
Calderon → (1867-1928) novelist. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Blood and Sand. La Barrack.