5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If cold predominates it's called?
- Heat Bi:
- What are the contraindictaions of interior warming herbs?
- Interior warming herbs do what?
- What are some problems with raw herbs?
- a Cold Bi (the pain is severe and aching)
- b inconsistent due to where grown, cooking times can vary, can irritate patient stomach, storing can bring bugs and take space
- c warm the interior and dispel cold
- d can injure the yin body fluids; use with caution in patients deficient of yin , blood, or body fluids.
- e pain with burning sensation, redness and swelling of joints, impaired movement and pain is relieved by cold; tx clear heat, dispel wind, and resove damp
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nature: pungent and hot
Functions: warms the spleen and kidney yang; warms the channels and dispels cold. (powerful pain reliever & tx for chronic diarrhea)
- 10-15 minutes
- 3 grams
- 5 times (also more easily absorbed and stored; used for chronic issues)
- interior warming herb (always comes prepared never prepared by self, highly toxic)
5 True/False questions
For most dry plant matter what is the best proof of alcohol to use? → 1-2 times (just ad fresh water to pot and re-boil)
What are the 2 types of interior cold syndrome? → wind, cold, and damp that stagnate in the channels and causes arthralgia (joint pain).
How do you make syrup? → put herbs into a glass container, slowly cover herbs with solvent entirely, add an inch or 2 more solvent, seal jar tightly and store in dark place, shake jar daily, when ready pour thru cheesecloth into dark tincutre bottle, squeeze herbs till last drop store with label and lid.
What are the different methods of dry frying herbs? → decoction (Tang)
What is the nature and channel of interior warming herbs? → can injure the yin body fluids; use with caution in patients deficient of yin , blood, or body fluids.