5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the different methods of dry frying herbs?
- How do you prepare a tincture?
- Wind Bi:
- Aromatic dampness resolving herbs are cooked for how long?
- What is the nature and function of Wei Ling Xian (Rx. Clematidis)?
- a salt, honey, vinegar, wine, ginger
- b No longer than 10 min
- c put herbs into a glass container, slowly cover herbs with solvent entirely, add an inch or 2 more solvent, seal jar tightly and store in dark place, shake jar daily, when ready pour thru cheesecloth into dark tincutre bottle, squeeze herbs till last drop store with label and lid.
- d Nature: pungent, salty and warm
function: unblocks the channels, relieves pain, and dispels wind/cold/damp; dissolves fish bones in throat
- e can involve any of lg joints; may come with fever and chills in early stage; diaphortics are tx for wind bi.
5 Multiple choice questions
- weight; and is 1 part herb to 5 parts alcohol (the herb still needs to be covered by solvent so add till it is)
- before going to sleep
- 16 Liang
- antirheumatic herb and powerful pain reliever
- Nature: pungent and hot
Functions: warms the spleen and kidney yang; warms the channels and dispels cold. (powerful pain reliever & tx for chronic diarrhea)
5 True/False questions
Pale face, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, epigastric and abdominal pain, patient prefers heat, no appetite, aching limbs, pulse is tense and tongue has white coat are symptoms of what? → nature: pungent and warm
taken as a tonic (alcohol inproves circulation of qi and blood)
If wind predominates it's called? → Wind Bi (there will be migratory arthralgia where the pain tends to move around)
Heat Bi: → severe fixed pain made worse by cold and relieved by heat; joints are cold to touch; tx involves warming meridians and dispelling wind/cold/damp.
Cold limbs, edema, fatigue, frequent urination, incontinence, impotence, infertility, pulse is faint and feebile and tongue is pale, swollen with teeth marks are symptoms of what? → deficiency cold caused by yang deficiency.
What type of solvent is used most often? → interior warming herb (always comes prepared never prepared by self, highly toxic)