5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happens when dry frying with salt?
- What kind of herb is Fu Zi (Rx. Aconite)?
- For most dry plant matter what is the best proof of alcohol to use?
- Cold limbs, edema, fatigue, frequent urination, incontinence, impotence, infertility, pulse is faint and feebile and tongue is pale, swollen with teeth marks are symptoms of what?
- What is the nature and function of Wei Ling Xian (Rx. Clematidis)?
- a 80 proof (like vodka or rum)
- b Nature: pungent, salty and warm
function: unblocks the channels, relieves pain, and dispels wind/cold/damp; dissolves fish bones in throat
- c interior warming herb (always comes prepared never prepared by self, highly toxic)
- d directs action of herb to kidney
- e deficiency cold caused by yang deficiency.
5 Multiple choice questions
- pain with burning sensation, redness and swelling of joints, impaired movement and pain is relieved by cold; tx clear heat, dispel wind, and resove damp
- one hour after a meal
- an extraction of herbal ingredients using a solvent
- numbness and fixed pain in joint with swelling and difficulty stretching; tx involves transforming damp and strengthening spleen
- Cold Bi (the pain is severe and aching)
5 True/False questions
What is considered the strongest method of delivering herbs? → salt, honey, vinegar, wine, ginger
How is the ratio of herb to solvent determined? → cooked over a low to medium flame for whole time.
Wei Ling Xian (Rx. Clematidis)? → by combining herb powder with a binding agent like honey
What are the solvents that can be used in tinctures? → Alcohol
Pale face, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, epigastric and abdominal pain, patient prefers heat, no appetite, aching limbs, pulse is tense and tongue has white coat are symptoms of what? → nature: pungent and warm
taken as a tonic (alcohol inproves circulation of qi and blood)