5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How are tonic formulas prepared?
- How is the ratio of herb to solvent determined?
- What are some problems with raw herbs?
- Aromatic dampness resolving herbs are cooked for how long?
- What causes Bi syndrome?
- a No longer than 10 min
- b cooked over a low to medium flame for whole time.
- c weight; and is 1 part herb to 5 parts alcohol (the herb still needs to be covered by solvent so add till it is)
- d inconsistent due to where grown, cooking times can vary, can irritate patient stomach, storing can bring bugs and take space
- e wind, cold, and damp that stagnate in the channels and causes arthralgia (joint pain).
5 Multiple choice questions
- warm the interior and dispel cold
- kidney fire
- increases herbs tonifying and moistening effect
- salt, honey, vinegar, wine, ginger
- storage; to increase spleen awakening and stomach strengthening of herb
5 True/False questions
What are pills used for? → chronic issues (they are mild and slow in action)
Cold Bi: → can involve any of lg joints; may come with fever and chills in early stage; diaphortics are tx for wind bi.
What are cinnamon sticks good for? → chronic issues (they are mild and slow in action)
Antirheumatic herbs work on 3 levels of the body? (often Bi syndrome can affect more than one level) → 1. superficial muscle layer
2. channel layer
3. tendon and bone layer
What is the nature and function of Fu Zi (Rx. Aconite)? → Nature: pungent and hot
Functions: warms the spleen and kidney yang; warms the channels and dispels cold. (powerful pain reliever & tx for chronic diarrhea)