5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How are tonic formulas prepared?
- Pale face, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, epigastric and abdominal pain, patient prefers heat, no appetite, aching limbs, pulse is tense and tongue has white coat are symptoms of what?
- How do you prepare a tincture?
- What type of solvent is used most often?
- What are the function and contraindications of antirheumatic herbs?
- a cooked over a low to medium flame for whole time.
- b put herbs into a glass container, slowly cover herbs with solvent entirely, add an inch or 2 more solvent, seal jar tightly and store in dark place, shake jar daily, when ready pour thru cheesecloth into dark tincutre bottle, squeeze herbs till last drop store with label and lid.
- c excess cold that invades the middle jiao disrupting T&T in stomach and spleen.
- d function: dispel wind, cold, damp from channels.
they can deplete yin and blood, so careful when deficient
- e Alcohol
5 Multiple choice questions
- about 1 spoonful, add water and drink.
- wind, cold, and damp that stagnate in the channels and causes arthralgia (joint pain).
- 10-15 minutes
- nature: pungent and warm
taken as a tonic (alcohol inproves circulation of qi and blood)
- 16 Liang
5 True/False questions
Will soaking herbs a few hours before boiling them make them more effective? → yes
What are some problems with raw herbs? → chronic issues (they are mild and slow in action)
1 Liang is equal to? → 3 grams
Interior warming herbs do what? → warm the interior and dispel cold
What happens when dry frying with salt? → directs action of herb to kidney