5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Will soaking herbs a few hours before boiling them make them more effective?
- What are the different methods of dry frying herbs?
- What are the function and contraindications of antirheumatic herbs?
- What happens when dry frying with honey?
- Wind Bi:
- a yes
- b salt, honey, vinegar, wine, ginger
- c function: dispel wind, cold, damp from channels.
they can deplete yin and blood, so careful when deficient
- d increases herbs tonifying and moistening effect
- e can involve any of lg joints; may come with fever and chills in early stage; diaphortics are tx for wind bi.
5 Multiple choice questions
- on an empty stomach or 1 hour before a meal
- enhances herbs astringing and blood activating properties
- 5 times (also more easily absorbed and stored; used for chronic issues)
- warming body and re-ignites ming men fire.
- one hour after a meal
5 True/False questions
Pale face, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, epigastric and abdominal pain, patient prefers heat, no appetite, aching limbs, pulse is tense and tongue has white coat are symptoms of what? → excess cold that invades the middle jiao disrupting T&T in stomach and spleen.
What is considered the strongest method of delivering herbs? → decoction (Tang)
Can light breakdown a tincture? → put herbs into a glass container, slowly cover herbs with solvent entirely, add an inch or 2 more solvent, seal jar tightly and store in dark place, shake jar daily, when ready pour thru cheesecloth into dark tincutre bottle, squeeze herbs till last drop store with label and lid.
How are minerals and shells prepared? → cooked over a low to medium flame for whole time.
Cold limbs, edema, fatigue, frequent urination, incontinence, impotence, infertility, pulse is faint and feebile and tongue is pale, swollen with teeth marks are symptoms of what? → deficiency cold caused by yang deficiency.