5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Heat Bi:
- How do you make syrup?
- Powders are how many times more concentrated than raw herbs?
- Pills (Wan) are made how?
- What kind of herb is Fu Zi (Rx. Aconite)?
- a interior warming herb (always comes prepared never prepared by self, highly toxic)
- b pain with burning sensation, redness and swelling of joints, impaired movement and pain is relieved by cold; tx clear heat, dispel wind, and resove damp
- c by combining herb powder with a binding agent like honey
- d dissolve 3lbs of brown sugar in a pint of boiling water and boil to thick. (there're 2 other ways too)
- e 5 times (also more easily absorbed and stored; used for chronic issues)
5 Multiple choice questions
- directs action of herb to kidney
- chronic issues (they are mild and slow in action)
- one hour after a meal
- storage; to increase spleen awakening and stomach strengthening of herb
- 10-15 minutes
5 True/False questions
What happens when dry frying with vinegar? → enhance herbs ability to warm stomach and stop vomiting
Can light breakdown a tincture? → yes
Cold limbs, edema, fatigue, frequent urination, incontinence, impotence, infertility, pulse is faint and feebile and tongue is pale, swollen with teeth marks are symptoms of what? → deficiency cold caused by yang deficiency.
What are the contraindictaions of interior warming herbs? → can injure the yin body fluids; use with caution in patients deficient of yin , blood, or body fluids.
For most dry plant matter what is the best proof of alcohol to use? → decoction (Tang)