5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dark Ages
- Mark Antony
- Caesar Augustus
- Rubicon River
- a A piece of land, where the citizens were finally admitted citizenship to Rome after Caesar conquered them. (France)
- b A co-dictator with Octavian, and he was very obsessed with Cleopatra.
- c A time in Greece where not much was known of their history.
- d A major river in Italy. On the night of January 10, 49 BC, Caesar took his army across it. He marched his army swiftly toward Rome, and Pompey fled.
- e A very important man to the Romans who took the throne when his adopted father died. He was only 18 when this happened. He exercised dictatorial power by sharing the Empire with Marc Antony.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A general who commanded the Carthaginian army in the second Punic War.
- Bridge-like stone structures that carry water from the hills into Roman cities.
- A powerful boat that would help to weaken the Persian forces. It rode very high in the water.
- The son of Darius; became Persian king. He vowed revenge on the Athenians. He invaded Greece with 180,000 troops in 480 B.C.
- A system of government where the majority of the people was ruled by a king.
5 True/False questions
Direct Democracy → A rule of three men who were named Pompey, Caesar, and Crassus. This was very new to the Romans.
476 CE → Virtue, meeting your highest potential.
Thucydides → The historian of the ancient days. He also wrote the history of the Peloponnesian Wars.
Legions → A group of common people.
Pompey → A military leader who was elected consul, and ruled with Caesar and Crassus.