5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gracchus Brothers
- Dark Ages
- a Composed of Tiberius and Gauis, they tried to end horrible slave laws, and also tried to restore the skeleton back to Rome.
- b A type of war formation, in which soldiers would be broken up into groups of 4,500 to 6,000 men. They were then divided into centuries.
- c Ruled Rome for more than 100 years. Built up Rome, streets, temples. Skilled metal workers Rome became rich from mining and trade
- d An officer of ancient Rome elected by the plebeians to protect their rights from arbitrary acts of the patrician magistrates.
- e A time in Greece where not much was known of their history.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
- A ruler in the form of democracy who dominated for twenty years. He built the Parthenon in his reign, and changed the citizenship laws.
- Virtue, meeting your highest potential.
- A battle where the Persians lost 200 ships, but they ended up winning. They lost their whole city, but were able to weaken the Persians.
- The son of Darius; became Persian king. He vowed revenge on the Athenians. He invaded Greece with 180,000 troops in 480 B.C.
5 True/False questions
Athens → A significant building that was known back in the day for having been built sturdily with an indoor curved ceiling.
Hoplites → They were heavily armed Greek infantrymen who marched and fought in close ranks. Most of the recruits were middle-class citizens
Princeps → First in line.
Cultural Bridge → The middle ground that brought civilization from the Middle East to Greece.
Caesar Augustus → A very important man to the Romans who took the throne when his adopted father died. He was only 18 when this happened. He exercised dictatorial power by sharing the Empire with Marc Antony.