5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Germanic Tribes
- a A political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
- b They invaded the Roman Empire from the North and East, caused the fall of Rome.
- c A ruler who believed in reason and logic. He questioned the society and how they lived. He was brought to death after being brought to court for treason charges.
- d An Athenian tutor who was taught by Socrates, but then taught Aristotle.
- e A significant building that was known back in the day for having been built sturdily with an indoor curved ceiling.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The place that the Minoans were settled in.
- A rival empire to the Romans who were added to the Empire after the Punic Wars.
- The father of Alexander the Great; A king of Macedonia.
- The wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
- A piece of land, where the citizens were finally admitted citizenship to Rome after Caesar conquered them. (France)
5 True/False questions
Hoplites → They were heavily armed Greek infantrymen who marched and fought in close ranks. Most of the recruits were middle-class citizens
Olympics → A festival that first started out as a religious event, but later became focused on mind and body.
Pompey → A Greek city-state
Gracchus Brothers → The two boys who were rumored to have been thrown into a river and raised by a wolf. How Rome was thought to have been founded off of.
Homer → A military leader who was elected consul, and ruled with Caesar and Crassus.