5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Culture was the primary source of survival for the people of the ______.
- Culture is a two way process:
- When studying culture, sociologists consider ____ and ____.
- a thoughts and things
- b Stone Age
- c system of symbols allows people to communicate with one another
- d 1. traveler can inflict cultureby offending other cultures
2. travler experiences culture shock when meeting new people whos way of life is very different
- e has particular meaning recognized by people of a shared culture
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. equal opportunity
2. Individual achievement and personal success
3. Material Comfort
4. Activity and Work
5. Practically and Efficiency
8. Democracy and free enterprise
10. Racism and group superiority
- cultural standards people use to decide what is desirable,good, beautiful and serves as guideline for social living
- limitations, self-conscious our ultimate morality
5 True/False questions
Cultural Transmission → hand in hand
Some of the languages around the world are decreasing as a result of: → 300
Language → system of symbols allow people to communicate with one another
Society → specific ideas people hold as 'true"
Sapir-Whorf Thesis → people see and understand world through "cultural lens of language"