5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Each language has its own symbols so people of different cultures
- No "natural" way of life applies to all ____.
- Founding of permanent settlements and creation of specialized occupations in Middle East marked a turning point _____ yrs ago
- When studying culture, sociologists consider ____ and ____.
- a 12,000
- b cultural standards people use to decide what is desirable,good, beautiful and serves as guideline for social living
- c people
- d experience the world differently
- e thoughts and things
5 Multiple choice questions
- ways of thinking, acting and material objects together form person's way of life
- system of symbols allows people to communicate with one another
- 1. global economy
2. high-technology communication
3. international migration
- specific ideas people hold as 'true"
5 True/False questions
Nonmaterial Culture → ways of thinking, acting and material objects together form person's way of life
Society → specific ideas people hold as 'true"
Cultural Transmission → hand in hand
Language → system of symbols allow people to communicate with one another
Culture is a two way process: → 1. traveler can inflict cultureby offending other cultures
2. travler experiences culture shock when meeting new people whos way of life is very different