Create an account
1) to provide enough space for something or someone
2) to consider and include something when you are deciding what to do
used for introducing a comment that slightly changes or reduces the effect of what you said before it
a comparison between two situations, processes etc that is intended to show that the two are similar
1) to happen at the same time as something else
2) if ideas or opinions coincide, they agree with each other
to make something such as a list or book by bringing together information from many different places
if something is confined to one area or group of people, it happens only in that area or affects only that group of people
a disagreement, especially about a public policy or a moral issue that a lot of people have strong feelings about
if something depresses you, it makes you feel unhappy and disappointed, and makes you want to stop trying to achieve things
the quality of always behaving according to the moral principles that you believe in, so that people respect and trust you
1) to create a difficult or dangerous situation
2) to sit or stand somewhere so that someone can take a photograph of you or paint a picture of you
1) stiff, hard, and difficult to bend or move
2) done or applied in a strict and unreasonable way
used for showing that you think a word used for describing someone or something is not suitable
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together