6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A word, phrase, line or group of lines that is repeated, for effect, several times in a poem.
- The repetition of the same or similar initial consonant sounds in words that are close together.
- A song or poem that tells a story.
- Repetition of a word or phrase.
- A fourteen-line poem, usually written in iambic pentameter.
5 True/False questions
Personification → an object or animal is given human thoughts, feelings, and attitudes
Understatement → saying less than one means or saying what one means with less force than the occasion warrants
Allusion → a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical
Paradox → an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
Consonance → The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.