6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
- a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical
- an object or animal is given human thoughts, feelings, and attitudes
- What a word suggests beyond its basic definition; a words overtones of meanings
- A word, phrase, line or group of lines that is repeated, for effect, several times in a poem.
5 True/False questions
Onomatopoeia → words whose sounds imitate or suggest their meanings
Antitheses → One word or idea is established and then the opposite word or idea is expressed
Paradox → an apparent contradiction that is nevertheless true
Alliteration → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
Consonance → The repetition of final consonant sounds of accented syllables or important words that are close together