6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- One word or idea is established and then the opposite word or idea is expressed
- words whose sounds imitate or suggest their meanings
- Repetition of a word or phrase.
- What a word suggests beyond its basic definition; a words overtones of meanings
- The repetition of accented vowel sounds in a series of words.
5 True/False questions
oxymoron → a reference, explicit or implicit, to something in previous literature or history, could be biblical
Sonnet → A fourteen-line poem, usually written in iambic pentameter.
Personification → The basic definition or dictionary meaning of a word.
Ballad → A song or poem that tells a story.
Alliteration → The repetition of the same or similar initial consonant sounds in words that are close together.