1. Are parents really human?
stories about parents growing up, making decisions, and remove them from their parental role. Serious and humorous
2. How does a child become an adult?
when child moves into adulthood by accomplishing some feat. i.e beating a parent in a sport, making more money.
3. Will the family stand by its members?
Family stories depict some strong family support, or not family support when their members face stressful times or go against family norms.
i.e marrying outside family religion, convicted major crime.
4. How do we handle adversity?
Stories about how families cope, when faced with adversity do families pull together or fall apart.
Facing illness, accidents, prejudice, depict aggressive or passive responses.
5. What does it mean to be (family member here)..a brother, sister, mother?
Describes families collective identity , what it mean to be a family member. A powerful message that influences family lifestyle.