5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- Psuedorabies "Mad Itch"
- a fresh brain tissue required
immunofleurescense of tissue allows for detection of antigen/antibody reaction
THERE IS NO TREATMENT!!
- b encephalitis
- c Transmission via...
inhalation of droplets
fecal oral route
5 Multiple choice questions
- vaccine in edemic areas
- Bacteria, found in soil, water and plants, high risk to pregnant women
- most common cause in excessive thiamine consumption through plants
- What gram positive bacteria has a clinical sign involving a recumbant animal paddling it's legs?
- This affects the CNS of calves producing a meningeoncephalitis
5 True/False questions
Listeriosis → **Has a Zoonotic potential
Psuedorabies → primary host is pig
Rabies → Treatment & Control
identify & eliminate affected animals
eliminate flock mates of affected animals
Encephalitic IBR → Supportive treatment only
close serologic relationship btwn strains of BHV1.1 may be protective
Polioencephalomalacia → calves <6wks old most susceptible