Upgrade to remove ads
Exam 2 - CRJ 100
Terms in this set (16)
9. The earliest known written set of laws is the Code of Hammurabi.
FALSE; Ur-Nammu is the oldest.
9. In early Christendom, trial by ordeal was used often to determine the truth.
9. Some ancient Greek criminal penalties focused on providing restitution to victims.
9. The Magna Carta is credited with forming the basis for due process in the U.S. Constitution.
9. The Model Penal Code mandates a single criminal code for all states.
FALSE; it is a model set of laws, not actual law.
9. Actus Reus refers to the mental state associated with a criminal act.
FALSE; it is the act associated with a crime.
9. Mens Rea refers to the mental state associated with a criminal act.
9. Even if it is committed without mens rea, some crimes can still be prosecuted under strict liability statutes.
9. Constructive Knowledge refers to the state of lacking actual knowledge, but remaining willfully blind to circumstances under which a person should have known, to a practical certainty, that one is either engaging in prohibited conduct or engaging in conduct that will cause an illegal result.
9. Criminal Negligence refers to acting with conscious disregard of a known risk.
FALSE; it is failing to perceive a risk
9. Unlike most other theft offenses (which are considered crimes against property), robbery is considered a crime against persons.
9. A defense of infancy is considered a defense of justification.
FALSE; it is a defense of excuse.
9. Strict liability statutes may not attach crimes that are mala prohibita.
9. A public response to crime that generates the appearance of crime control without in fact controlling crime has been called "crime control theater".
9. Animal sacrifice has been allowed for certain religious groups under the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment.
9. The Supreme Court in McDonald v. City of Chicago invalidated a Chicago ordinance banning handguns because it violated the Second Amendment.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
ASU CRJ Exam 2 Quiz Answers
CRJ 100 Exam 2
CRJ100 EXAM 2
Chapter 12 Vocabulary
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
crj 222 ch 2
Criminal Law Ch.3
criminal law test 1 texas state 2016
Criminal Law Chapter 6-9 vocab test 2