Create an account
How do we define an attitude?
A psychological tendency expressed when we evaluate a particular entity with some degree of favor or disfavor
What do we call it if one maintains their membership with a firm because of significant exit barriers?
What is the definition of organizational citizenship behavior?
Behavior that is above and beyond the call of duty
What is the definition of job satisfaction?
a pleasurable or positive emotional state resulting from the appraisal of one's job or job experience
What is the relationship, if any, between job satisfaction and organizational performance?
Most believe that happy or satisfied employees are more productive at work
How do we define the type of organizational commitment that is based on an individual's desire to remain in an organization?
What, if any, is the correlation between job satisfaction and absenteeism?
The more satisfied, the less absences
What do we call counterproductive behavior that violates organizational norms and causes harm to others in the organization?
Workplace Deviance Behavior
What are the major aspects of the source characteristics affecting persuasion?
When one's personal values and the commonly held values of the organization and society are in accord it is described as?
What are terminal values? Give examples?
Represent the goals to be achieved, or the end states of existence.
What is the Protestant Work Ethic and who advanced the notion?
- Encouraged hard work on the grounds that prosperous workers were motre likely to go to heaven.
What is Scientific Management and who introduced the idea? Who in supported the concept and advanced?
- Cooperation between management and labor to increase profit
What is the "invisible hand" and who formulated the concept?
- Adam Smith
- Free market to explain to explain the motivation for individual behavior
What is Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs? How does it work? Starts with, ends with?
- Safety and Security
- Self actualization
Who advanced "need theory" by identifying behavior likely to be shown?
- McClelland's - Manifeat needs, called (AAP)
According to Herzberg, what is the major difference between Motivation and Hygiene factors? How do they work?
Hygine: Job Disatisfaction
Motivation: Job Satisfaction
What are the "new" ideas in motivation?
- Eustress, Strength, and Hope: Positive Organizational Behavior
- Positive energy, Fully engagement, Translating what was learned from high-performance athletes for the use of Fortune 500 executives and managers.
What is the motivational force in Equity Theory?
internal motivation, equity theory is concerned with the social processes that influence motivation and behavior.
What are the factors in Expectancy Theory? How do they work?
- People expect certain outcomes of behavior and performance.
- People believe that the effort they put forth is related to the performance they achieve and the outcomes they receive.
What is the foundation of operant conditioning?
Modifying behavior by following specific behaviors with positive or negative consequences.
What are: punishment, negative reinforcement, positive reinforcement and extinction and how do they work?
What is self- efficacy and how is it developed?
an individual's internal expectancy to perform a specific task effectively
What roles does participation in goal setting play?
- Increases work motivation and task performance
- Reduce role stree associated with conflicting or confusing situations
- Improve accuracy and validity of performance evaluation
What is the MBO process? What is the first step?
- a goal-setting program based on interaction and negotiation between employees and managers
- The employee writing an "employee's letter" to the manager
What increases the likelihood that performance feedback will lead to improved performance?
What increases the reliability of an effective performance appraisal system?
Situational factors affecting the evaluator, such as mood or timing of the evaluation
What are the various reinforcement schedules and which appears to be the most powerful n stimulating desired behavior?
- Fixed Ratio
- Fixed Interval
- Variable Interval
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together