5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Two major organic disorders are...
- What are some of the theories of why we age?
- What are three ways initiation occurs?
- Do benign tumors cause adverse effects on the body?
- What are three major groups of disorders?
- a Benign tumors and Cancer
- b yes they do they can obstruct organs from working properly or cutt off blood supply and need to be surgically removed
- c -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
- d Inherited Disorders
- e carcinogenic chemicals
5 Multiple choice questions
- any affliction not caused by a pathogen
- the science of aging
- surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis
- initiation and promotion
- when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
5 True/False questions
What does radiation uses? → when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
What is chemotherapy? → brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
What are injuries? → cells stop functioning normally and grow a structure different than the tissue it originated from. The abnormal growth is called a tumor. Benign tumors are walled off from the rest of the body
What is death? → Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
What do we call a tumor whose growth is extremely rapid and chaotic? → surgery, radiation, chemotherapy