5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are some things that are different about cancer cells?
- What does radiation uses?
- What is death?
- What is chemotherapy?
- What is a disorder?
- a they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
- b Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
- c any affliction not caused by a pathogen
- d Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
- e brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
5 Multiple choice questions
- Benign tumors and Cancer
- surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
- when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
- carcinogenic chemicals
- -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
5 True/False questions
What is the leading treatment for cancer? → surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis
Do benign tumors cause adverse effects on the body? → direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder
What are the two steps of cancer development → Inherited Disorders
What are organic disorders? → direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder
What are inherited disorders? → direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder