5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the two steps of cancer development
- What are inherited disorders?
- What do we call a tumor whose growth is extremely rapid and chaotic?
- What are some things that are different about cancer cells?
- What is death?
- a brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
- b direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder
- c Malignant or Cancer
- d initiation and promotion
- e they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the science of aging
- -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
- surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
- carcinogenic chemicals
- yes they do they can obstruct organs from working properly or cutt off blood supply and need to be surgically removed
5 True/False questions
Two major organic disorders are... → -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
What is a disorder? → any affliction not caused by a pathogen
What is chemotherapy? → Same as for bacteria but the cancer cells are what the doctors aim to get rid of.
What does radiation uses? → when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body
What are benign tumors? → cells stop functioning normally and grow a structure different than the tissue it originated from. The abnormal growth is called a tumor. Benign tumors are walled off from the rest of the body