5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the three primary methods of treating cancer?
- What is a disorder?
- What is gerontology>
- What do we call a tumor whose growth is extremely rapid and chaotic?
- What other factors are important in considering if someone is dead?
- a Malignant or Cancer
- b the science of aging
- c any affliction not caused by a pathogen
- d surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
- e heartbeat and breathing
5 Multiple choice questions
- -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
- carcinogenic chemicals
- Inherited Disorders
- Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
- they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
5 True/False questions
Do benign tumors cause adverse effects on the body? → Inherited Disorders
What are the two steps of cancer development → initiation and promotion
Two major organic disorders are... → Benign tumors and Cancer
What are benign tumors? → cells stop functioning normally and grow a structure different than the tissue it originated from. The abnormal growth is called a tumor. Benign tumors are walled off from the rest of the body
What does metatasize mean? → when a cancer cell separates from the parent tumor and travels to other parts of the body