5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does radiation uses?
- What are three major groups of disorders?
- What are organic disorders?
- What are inherited disorders?
- What is the leading treatment for cancer?
- a direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder
- b Inherited Disorders
- c surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis
- d Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
- e -a deficiency disease that results from improper nourishment such as a lack of vitamins
-Chemical poisoning or radiation sickness due to exposure to environment.
-other disorders such as gallstones, kidney stones, nervous disorders only partially understood,
5 Multiple choice questions
- surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
- they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
- Malignant or Cancer
- -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
- Benign tumors and Cancer
5 True/False questions
What are the two steps of cancer development → initiation and promotion
Do benign tumors cause adverse effects on the body? → yes they do they can obstruct organs from working properly or cutt off blood supply and need to be surgically removed
What is chemotherapy? → brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
What are benign tumors? → physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent
What are injuries? → physical damage to the body- temporary or permanent