5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the two steps of cancer development
- What do we call a tumor whose growth is extremely rapid and chaotic?
- What is the leading treatment for cancer?
- What are three major groups of disorders?
- What other factors are important in considering if someone is dead?
- a Inherited Disorders
- b Malignant or Cancer
- c heartbeat and breathing
- d initiation and promotion
- e surgery - important to get tumor before metastisis
5 Multiple choice questions
- cells stop functioning normally and grow a structure different than the tissue it originated from. The abnormal growth is called a tumor. Benign tumors are walled off from the rest of the body
- -attributed to waste accumulation in the cells - lipofuscin
-aging programmed into body genetically
-aging and the length of telomeres the ends of chromosomes
- any affliction not caused by a pathogen
- surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
- carcinogenic chemicals
5 True/False questions
Two major organic disorders are... → Benign tumors and Cancer
What are some things that are different about cancer cells? → they have large nuclei that carries more DNA than a normal cell. bizarre appearance and abnormal numbers of chromosomes.
What is chemotherapy? → brain activity is the leading indicator of life - if an organisms brain is functioning it is considered alive - clinically dead if no electric activity in the brain
What does radiation uses? → Xrays- radioactive isotopes to destroy cancer cells that are localized
What are organic disorders? → direct result of an inherited gene or inherited tendency for a disorder