5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chorus roll in comedies
- What is the only complete satyr play to survive?
- Describe Aristophanes' plays
- What did Oedipus do after he discovered the truth?
- a A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
- b Euripides' Cyclops
- c Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
- d Blinds himself
- e a person who writes plays
5 Multiple choice questions
- Linen, cork and wood
- Old Comedy
5 True/False questions
What does the old blind seer tell Oedipus? → Euripides' Cyclops
How did Oedipus become king of Thebes? → An oracle told him he would kill his father and marry his mother
How many plays did Aeschylus write? → 120
Reasons actors wore masks → 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.
What are Aeschylus' plays filled with? → only 7 complete plays survived