5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Three things that Sophocles is responsible for
- Why Oedipus leave Corinth
- How many times did Aeschylus win the City Dionysia?
- What is the only complete satyr play to survive?
- The play Aristotle chose as an ideal example of Greek Tragedy
- a 1. introduced third actor, 2. increased chorus from 12 to 15 people, 3. introduced scene painting
- b An oracle told him he would kill his father and marry his mother
- c Euripides' Cyclops
- d 13
- e Sophocles' Oedipus the King
5 Multiple choice questions
- Laius and Iacosta's baby was saved by shepherds after it had been left to die in the mountains. He was raised in Corinth and later killed Laius and married Iacosta after he defeated the sphinx.
5 True/False questions
Chorus roll in comedies → A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
eccyclema → no violence on stage
How many of Aeschylus' plays have survived? → only 7 complete plays survived
How many of Euripides' plays survived? → only 7 complete plays survived
Chorus → no violence on stage