5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many of Euripides' plays survived?
- How many of Aristophanes plays survived?
- How many times did Euripides win the City Dionysia?
- a 4-5
- b 11
- c no violence on stage
- d about 18
- e a person who writes plays
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.
- Laius and Iacosta's baby was saved by shepherds after it had been left to die in the mountains. He was raised in Corinth and later killed Laius and married Iacosta after he defeated the sphinx.
5 True/False questions
How many plays did Aeschylus write? → 70
What kind of comedy did Aristophanes write? → Old Comedy
The 3 tragedies Aeschylus wrote in 458 BC are known in total as what? → Oresteia
Chorus roll in comedies → A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
The play Aristotle chose as an ideal example of Greek Tragedy → Sophocles' Oedipus the King