5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did the size of the chorus change over time?
- Describe Aristophanes' plays
- How many times did Euripides win the City Dionysia?
- Example of deux ex machina in Euripides Medea
- What does Iacosta do after she realizes what has happened?
- a Hung herself
- b Started as 50, shrank to 12 with Aeschylus then back up to 15 with Sophocles
- c Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
- d Woman who murders her children is carried away in a chariot pulled by dragons
- e 4-5
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.
- A link between the actors and the audience, not necessarily people. They could be animals or even clouds
- 15 men who represented a group of ordinary people (such as citizens, women or elderly men)
- Linen, cork and wood
5 True/False questions
What does the old blind seer tell Oedipus? → The seer tells Oedipus he is the murderer of the previous Theban king
Three things that Sophocles is responsible for → 120
playwright → a person who writes plays
What are Aeschylus' plays filled with? → only 7 complete plays survived
How many times with Sophocles win the City Dionysia? → 18