5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many plays did Sophocles write?
- What are Aeschylus' plays filled with?
- How many times with Sophocles win the City Dionysia?
- Materials used to make masks
- How many of Aristophanes plays survived?
- a 11
- b 120
- c 18
- d spectacular effects, serious dancing and exciting descriptions of battles
- e Linen, cork and wood
5 Multiple choice questions
- covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
- He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
- Euripides' Cyclops
5 True/False questions
Three things that Sophocles is responsible for → 1. introduced third actor, 2. increased chorus from 12 to 15 people, 3. introduced scene painting
How did the size of the chorus change over time? → Started as 50, shrank to 12 with Aeschylus then back up to 15 with Sophocles
Example of deux ex machina in Euripides Medea → Woman who murders her children is carried away in a chariot pulled by dragons
Who is the only comedy playwright whose work survived intact? → Aristophanes
How did Oedipus kill his father and marry his mother? → He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)