5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many plays did Aeschylus write?
- Describe Aristophanes' plays
- Reasons actors wore masks
- a Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
- b 1. In large theatres normal facial expressions could not be seen, 2. may have acted as a megaphone to amplify their voices.
- c 15 men who represented a group of ordinary people (such as citizens, women or elderly men)
- d 70
- e a person who writes plays
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. introduced third actor, 2. increased chorus from 12 to 15 people, 3. introduced scene painting
- Linen, cork and wood
- no violence on stage
- Laius and Iacosta's baby was saved by shepherds after it had been left to die in the mountains. He was raised in Corinth and later killed Laius and married Iacosta after he defeated the sphinx.
- spectacular effects, serious dancing and exciting descriptions of battles
5 True/False questions
How many plays of Sophocles' have survived? → about 18
How many times with Sophocles win the City Dionysia? → 18
How many times did Aeschylus win the City Dionysia? → 13
What does the old blind seer tell Oedipus? → Euripides' Cyclops
How many of Euripides' plays survived? → about 18