5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many plays did Sophocles write?
- How many of Aristophanes plays survived?
- How many times did Aeschylus win the City Dionysia?
- What did Oedipus do after he discovered the truth?
- a 13
- b Blinds himself
- c 11
- d 15 men who represented a group of ordinary people (such as citizens, women or elderly men)
- e 120
5 Multiple choice questions
- no violence on stage
- An oracle told him he would kill his father and marry his mother
- The seer tells Oedipus he is the murderer of the previous Theban king
- Woman who murders her children is carried away in a chariot pulled by dragons
5 True/False questions
Who is the only comedy playwright whose work survived intact? → Aristophanes
What kind of comedy did Aristophanes write? → Old Comedy
How did the size of the chorus change over time? → He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
The play Aristotle chose as an ideal example of Greek Tragedy → Old Comedy
Materials used to make masks → Linen, cork and wood