5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did Oedipus kill his father and marry his mother?
- How many of Aeschylus' plays have survived?
- How many of Aristophanes plays survived?
- How did Oedipus become king of Thebes?
- What is the only complete satyr play to survive?
- a 11
- b Laius and Iacosta's baby was saved by shepherds after it had been left to die in the mountains. He was raised in Corinth and later killed Laius and married Iacosta after he defeated the sphinx.
- c He defeated the Sphinx (answered the riddle correctly)
- d Euripides' Cyclops
- e only 7 complete plays survived
5 Multiple choice questions
- The seer tells Oedipus he is the murderer of the previous Theban king
- Remarkable plots with fantastic adventures
5 True/False questions
What kind of comedy did Aristophanes write? → Old Comedy
playwright → a person who writes plays
Describe the mask → covered the whole head, included hair, eyes and slightly open mouth. Exaggerated expression, one emotion, over-sized
What did Oedipus do after he discovered the truth? → Blinds himself
Why Oedipus leave Corinth → An oracle told him he would kill his father and marry his mother