Create an account
Have a plan. Systematic process of gathering info about an individuals background. sequence of administration
Does it mean what it says it measures.
ex. interview give in and lead in w/ parent.
- rule out, release and support
4 purposes of Assesment
1. to identify skills taht a person does/ do have w normative comparisons, 2 intervention planning- short and long term objectives, who what?, and goals.
3. Montior changes overtime, qualify a person of service. 4. quality a person for services (elidgability.
5 steps and scope of communicative assesment
1. Screening and referrel, 2. designing and administering 3. Interpret results of assesment 4.Develope TX plan 5.monitor progress and outcomes
What- skills, where- push in/wheres therapy, when-when to schedule, with whom-role release service, how- provide service, transdisciplinary model.
test teach model
Collect data, ongoing assesment, monitor change after discharge, rationale for instituing program changes/ goals change
Administrating tests in a way that are true enviornmental reality. Each thing in portfolio is an artifact.
Modified barium swallow for dysphagia, video stroboscopy to observe vocal fold function.
Types of assesment
1. Norm reference instruments: standard procedure
2. criterion-referenced: performance of skill, hearing
3. authentic: performance, valid
4. dynamic: trial therapy, test teach. observe.
5. progress monitoring: rate of change, compare
3 aspects of evidence based practice
empirical( peer review), practical ( based on experience), personal knowledge( parent+consumer)
3 purposes of intervention
Prevention (any type of disorder), remediation( slow progress/revorse course), compensation(help person cope)
categories of interventions
Behaviorist, lingusitic cognitive, social interactionsists, info processing, family centered.
Developemental descriptive approach. sequence of steps. Psycholanguistic approac.
Organizing thoughts, message and stong info. Brain-behavior and how you incode info. anomia-word blindness, dimensia
ABC's of intervention
Anticednece: What happens before
Behavior: What the child does
Consequence: Response to behavior
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together