5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Colorful Language
- concrete poem
- a one with a shape that suggests its subject.
- b a type of writing that portrays a character, object, or scene.
- c a new word crated by joining together two old ones.
- d precise and lively words and phrases that help to create clear pictures in the reader's mind.
- e a language that creates a concrete representation of an object or an experience.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a thing that stands for or represents both itself and something else.
- repetition of vowel sounds in stressed syllables that end in different consonant sounds (Lime,Light.)
- the repetition of consonant sounds at the beginnings of syllables (Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper)
- Poets use colorful, vivid language and figures of speech to create _____.
- more than one use of a sound, word, or phrase.
5 True/False questions
Metaphor → the feeling or emotion the writer creates in a literary word.
sound → the feeling or emotion the writer creates in a literary word.
Mood → this is created through the used of rhyme, rhythm, alliteration, assonance, onomatopoeia, and repetition.
personification → a type of writing that portrays a character, object, or scene.
sensory details → a type of writing that portrays a character, object, or scene.