5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the repetition of consonant sounds at the beginnings of syllables (Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper)
- b a language that creates a concrete representation of an object or an experience.
- c a type of writing that portrays a character, object, or scene.
- d comparison using like or as.
- e figure of speech in which one thing is spoken or written about as if it were another.
5 Multiple choice questions
- this is created through the used of rhyme, rhythm, alliteration, assonance, onomatopoeia, and repetition.
- describing something not human as if it were human.
- precise and lively words and phrases that help to create clear pictures in the reader's mind.
- The use of words or phrases like meow of beep that sound like what they name.
- Poets use colorful, vivid language and figures of speech to create _____.
5 True/False questions
Repetition → a type of writing that portrays a character, object, or scene.
Blend → a new word crated by joining together two old ones.
rhyme → the pattern of beats in a line of poetry or prose.
Assonance → repetition of vowel sounds in stressed syllables that end in different consonant sounds (Lime,Light.)
sensory details → a type of writing that portrays a character, object, or scene.