5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the Proskenian?
- Give an example for all three unites
- What was the Skene?
- What was tragedy in Greek?
- What was Sophocles?
- a Place- messenger, to tell when a scene changed. Time- sentry telling what had happened.
Action- the plot of Antigone is simple, which is the price antigone has to make for defying mortal law and obeying moral law.
- b a playwright- (496-406)
- c Traegodio
- d The changing hut
- e backdrop/scenery
5 Multiple choice questions
- goat song
- He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
- the watching place where people stood
- The dancing place
- A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
5 True/False questions
What are the three unities? → Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
What god did they honor in theater? → Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
Till when did only men act? → Elizabethan age (17th century)
What was the Paradose? → entry-way (parade)
What was an ancient Greek actor called? → 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist