5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many men were in the chorus?
- What did Sophocles contribute to plays?
- What was the theatron
- What was the lead chorus member called?
- What did the ancient greeks wear as costumes?
- a He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
- b Koryphaios
- c 15
- d A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
- e the watching place where people stood
5 Multiple choice questions
- a playwright- (496-406)
- The changing hut
- entry-way (parade)
5 True/False questions
Till when did only men act? → It was the altar to Dionysis
What was the orchestra? → the watching place where people stood
What were the actors called? → It was the altar to Dionysis
What did the chorus do? → Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
Who was in the chorus? → 15 men about to go into war.