5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was in the chorus?
- What did the chorus do?
- What did the ancient greeks wear as costumes?
- What were the actors called?
- What was an ancient Greek actor called?
- a hypocrite because he would "play roles"
- b A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
- c 15 men about to go into war.
- d Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- e 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
5 Multiple choice questions
- The dancing place
- Elizabethan age (17th century)
- The changing hut
5 True/False questions
How many actors were on stage at once? → 3
What was the lead chorus member called? → 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
What was Sophocles? → a playwright- (496-406)
What was the Proskenian? → backdrop/scenery
What was the Thymele? → It was the altar to Dionysis