5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did the chorus do?
- What did the ancient greeks wear as costumes?
- What did the word "tragedy" mean?
- What were the actors called?
- Give an example for all three unites
- a Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- b Place- messenger, to tell when a scene changed. Time- sentry telling what had happened.
Action- the plot of Antigone is simple, which is the price antigone has to make for defying mortal law and obeying moral law.
- c goat song
- d 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
- e A face mask with a smile or frown to show emotions, and symbolically collared robes (ex. white-purity, black-bad)
5 Multiple choice questions
- a playwright- (496-406)
- The changing hut
- Elizabethan age (17th century)
- hypocrite because he would "play roles"
5 True/False questions
What are the three unities? → It was the altar to Dionysis
What was the Proskenian? → backdrop/scenery
How many men were in the chorus? → 15 men about to go into war.
What was the lead chorus member called? → Koryphaios
What was the orchestra? → The dancing place