5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did the chorus do?
- What did Sophocles contribute to plays?
- What are the three unities?
- Who was in the chorus?
- How many men were in the chorus?
- a Place- one location, time- 24 hours, action- single simple plot.
- b Chanted and moved together, gave background information, offered reflection on actions (audience or conscience), and prayed or honored the gods.
- c 15 men about to go into war.
- d He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
- e 15
5 Multiple choice questions
- entry-way (parade)
- 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
- hypocrite because he would "play roles"
5 True/False questions
Till when did only men act? → backdrop/scenery
What was Sophocles? → The dancing place
How many actors were on stage at once? → 15
What was the lead chorus member called? → Koryphaios
What was the orchestra? → the watching place where people stood