5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What god did they honor in theater?
- What was the orchestra?
- What was Sophocles?
- What were the actors called?
- What was the Skene?
- a a playwright- (496-406)
- b The dancing place
- c 1st- protagonist because he starts or drives the action, 2nd- deuteragonist
- d Dionysis
- e The changing hut
5 Multiple choice questions
- Place- messenger, to tell when a scene changed. Time- sentry telling what had happened.
Action- the plot of Antigone is simple, which is the price antigone has to make for defying mortal law and obeying moral law.
- It was the altar to Dionysis
- entry-way (parade)
5 True/False questions
What did the ancient greeks wear as costumes? → hypocrite because he would "play roles"
What did the word "tragedy" mean? → goat song
Till when did only men act? → It was the altar to Dionysis
What did Sophocles contribute to plays? → He added the 3rd actor and added the idea of painted scenery.
What did the chorus do? → 15 men about to go into war.