5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Speed of waves
- A wave's frequency equals what?
- When is a mechanical wave created?
- The more energy a wave has the greater is its what?
- a speed=wavelength X frequency
- b amplitude
- c the frequency of the vibrating source producing the wave
- d when a source of energy causes a vibration to travel through a medium
- e an area where the particles are spaced out
5 Multiple choice questions
- maximum displacement of the medium from it's _______________
- disturbance in matter that carries energy from one place
- the distance between a point on one wave and the same point on the next cycle of the wave
- the time required for one cycle, a complete motion that returns to its starting point
- an area, where the particles in a medium are spaced closed together
5 True/False questions
Crest → the time required for one cycle, a complete motion that returns to its starting point
Frequency → number of complete cycels in a give time
Periodic Motion → a motion that repeats at regular time intervals
The three main types of mechanical waves → 1. Transverse 2. Longituadinal 3. Surface Waves
Trough → the lowest point below the rest position