5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A wave's frequency equals what?
- When is a mechanical wave created?
- The more energy a wave has the greater is its what?
- Speed of waves
- a the frequency of the vibrating source producing the wave
- b speed=wavelength X frequency
- c amplitude
- d number of complete cycels in a give time
- e when a source of energy causes a vibration to travel through a medium
5 Multiple choice questions
- the lowest point below the rest position
- a motion that repeats at regular time intervals
- a wave that travels along a surface separating the medium
- the time required for one cycle, a complete motion that returns to its starting point
- adversely proportional to frequency
5 True/False questions
Increasing the frequency of a wave decreases what? → the frequency of the vibrating source producing the wave
Wavelength → the distance between a point on one wave and the same point on the next cycle of the wave
The three main types of mechanical waves → 1. Transverse 2. Longituadinal 3. Surface Waves
Compression → an area, where the particles in a medium are spaced closed together
Amplitude → the material through wich a wave travels