5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Protein coat
- Joseph Lister
- a A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
- b Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system
- c A unicellular fungi that breaks down complex nutrients, making them available for other organisms.
- d The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
- e Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (Just a few examples)-Yogurt cultures, fermentation, aiding in decomposition, the release of elements such as carbon and nitrogen, the production of cheese.
- a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
- A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
- Gel-like substance used for growing bacteria, fungi, plant, or other cells
- To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
5 True/False questions
Spores → released by fungi in reproduction
Micro-organism → released by fungi in reproduction
Immunization → When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
Toxin → Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
Tanglin Trust School → Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system