5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
- b released by fungi in reproduction
- c Gel-like substance used for growing bacteria, fungi, plant, or other cells
- d a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
- e A unicellular fungi that breaks down complex nutrients, making them available for other organisms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
- A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
- When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
- To make free from bacteria
- To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
5 True/False questions
Louis Pasteur → The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
Protein coat → Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system
Hyphae → A unicellular fungi that breaks down complex nutrients, making them available for other organisms.
Fermentation → Anaerobic respiration carried out by microbes where sugar is broken down to release lactic acid or alcohol
Culture → To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar