5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
- b released by fungi in reproduction
- c Gel-like substance used for growing bacteria, fungi, plant, or other cells
- d A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
- e The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
- A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
- Anaerobic respiration carried out by microbes where sugar is broken down to release lactic acid or alcohol
- Microscopic-sized organisms, like bacteria, viruses or fungi.
- To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
5 True/False questions
Joseph Lister → To make free from bacteria
Yeast → A unicellular fungi that breaks down complex nutrients, making them available for other organisms.
Immunization → When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
Protein coat → To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
Beneficial Uses of Bacteria → A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.