5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a released by fungi in reproduction
- b A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
- c Anaerobic respiration carried out by microbes where sugar is broken down to release lactic acid or alcohol
- d To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
- e To make free from bacteria
5 Multiple choice questions
- A unicellular fungi that breaks down complex nutrients, making them available for other organisms.
- A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
- When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
- Microscopic-sized organisms, like bacteria, viruses or fungi.
- A feeding network in fungi
5 True/False questions
Inoculate → To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
Beneficial Uses of Bacteria → (Just a few examples)-Yogurt cultures, fermentation, aiding in decomposition, the release of elements such as carbon and nitrogen, the production of cheese.
Agar → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
Protein coat → To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
Joseph Lister → To make free from bacteria