5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
- b To make free from bacteria
- c released by fungi in reproduction
- d Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
- e a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anaerobic respiration carried out by microbes where sugar is broken down to release lactic acid or alcohol
- The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
- A feeding network in fungi
- A unicellular fungi that breaks down complex nutrients, making them available for other organisms.
- A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
5 True/False questions
Pasteurization → The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
Culture → A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
Antibiotics → To make free from bacteria
Penicillin → A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
Agar → Gel-like substance used for growing bacteria, fungi, plant, or other cells