5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A feeding network in fungi
- b To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
- c A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
- d A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
- e The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
- A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
- Gel-like substance used for growing bacteria, fungi, plant, or other cells
- a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
- Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
5 True/False questions
Protein coat → Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system
Tanglin Trust School → Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
Fermentation → When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
Antibiotics → Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
Yeast → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism