5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Protein coat
- a Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
- b A feeding network in fungi
- c a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
- d Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system
- e The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- To make free from bacteria
- Microscopic-sized organisms, like bacteria, viruses or fungi.
- Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
- When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
- (Just a few examples)-Yogurt cultures, fermentation, aiding in decomposition, the release of elements such as carbon and nitrogen, the production of cheese.
5 True/False questions
Inoculate → To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
Joseph Lister → A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
Louis Pasteur → The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
Yeast → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
Culture → released by fungi in reproduction