5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Joseph Lister
- Tanglin Trust School
- Beneficial Uses of Bacteria
- Louis Pasteur
- a A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
- b (Just a few examples)-Yogurt cultures, fermentation, aiding in decomposition, the release of elements such as carbon and nitrogen, the production of cheese.
- d The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
- e When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
- The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
- Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system
- To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
- A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
5 True/False questions
Toxin → Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
Inoculate → To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
Host → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
Yeast → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
Sterilise → To make free from bacteria