5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a To make free from bacteria
- b To grow microorganisms in a nutrient medium like agar
- c a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
- d To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
- e released by fungi in reproduction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body
- The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
- Groups of drugs used to block the growth and reproduction of bacterial pathogens.
- A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
- A unicellular fungi that breaks down complex nutrients, making them available for other organisms.
5 True/False questions
Micro-organism → Microscopic-sized organisms, like bacteria, viruses or fungi.
Fermentation → When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
Virus → A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
Hyphae → A feeding network in fungi
Agar → a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism