5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Joseph Lister
- Louis Pasteur
- a a living thing that provides a source of energy for a virus or an organism
- b The first doctor to prove that the sterilization of instruments and bandages prevents death from infection.
- c When an attenuated pathogen is injected into the body, giving the immune system the ability to identify that pathogen in the future, creating a quicker immune response.
- d A French scientist who lived in the 1800's. He proved that anthrax vaccines protect sheep from anthrax. He invented the process of pasteurization, and theorized about the process of sterilization.
- e The process of heating liquids at a low heat for a long period of time in order to kill microbes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- released by fungi in reproduction
- To introduce a micro-organism onto an agar plate
- A feeding network in fungi
- A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
- Gel-like substance used for growing bacteria, fungi, plant, or other cells
5 True/False questions
Tanglin Trust School → Surrounds a virus and is detected by the body's immune system
Virus → A tiny micorbe that invades and then reproduces inside a living cell
Beneficial Uses of Bacteria → A group of antibiotics derived from penicillin fungi.
Sterilise → released by fungi in reproduction
Toxin → Poisonous substance produced by bacteria inside the body