How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Upgrade to remove ads
HUN 1201 Quiz 3
Essentials of Nutrition Richard Patton MDC Quiz 3
1. Metabolism is the sum of all chemical reactions that go on in living cells.
2. ATP is the major energy carrier molecule in cells and is what allows you to get up out of your desk and leave the classroom.
3. Which of the following can be formed from acetyl CoA molecules?
4. The series of reactions involving the conversion of glucose to pyruvate is known as
5. An aerobic reaction is one that requires
6. When a person is performing intense physical exercise and begins to feel fatigue and a burning pain in the muscles the response of the muscles is to synthesize more.
7. Which of the following is one of the two possible fates of the two carbon molecule acetyl CoA?
8. When energy-yielding nutrients are consumed in excess which one(s) can lead to storage of fat?
9. Which of the following can be synthesized from all three energy-yielding nutrients?
10. What term is specific to reactions in which simple compounds are combined into more complex molecules?
11. What is the major energy carrier molecule in most cells?
12. Approximately what percentage of the body's energy expenditure is furnished by amino acids?
13. If the carbohydrate content of the diet is insufficient to meet the body's needs for glucose which of the following can be converted to glucose?
14. A person who exhibits a physiological need to eat is most likely experiencing the sensation of
15. After consuming a very large meal the desire to eat a slice of chocolate cake is an example of
16. Satiety is the feeling of satisfaction resulting from consumption of a meal and can last hours afterwards.
17. Amount of lean body tissue has the most influence on the body's metabolic rate.
18. Body mass index (BMI) is an index of a person's weight in relation to height.
19. When an adult gains an extra 10 pounds of body weight approximately how much of this is fat?
20. Approximately what percentage of weight loss during starvation is lean body mass?
21. In what region of the body is the storage of excess body fat associated with the highest risks for cardiovascular disease and diabetes?
22. Waist circumference can be used to gauge the amount of a person's abdominal fat.
23. Energy needed to maintain the body at rest is termed Basal Metabolism
24. Obesity resulting from an increase in the size of fat cells is termed hypertrophic obesity.
25. Heredity is a chief factor that determines a person's susceptibility to obesity.
26. Compared with non-obese people obese people have a lower physical activity level
27 The feeling of satisfaction resulting from consumption of a meal is termed
Upgrade to remove ads