5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Closed Circuit
- a A place where a break in Earth's crust causes movement.
- b Attracted to a magnet because it contains iron.
- c A summary that states if your hypothesis was correct or incorrect and what the investigation showed, based on observations and data. .
- d Direct effect or change on
- e A circuit (pathway) that has no openings that will prevent electricity to flow
5 Multiple choice questions
- A complete closed pathway of conductors that allows electricity to flow through it.
- The large scale movement of waters in the ocean basins. Winds drive surface circulation, and the cooling and sinking of waters in the polar regions drive deep circulation.
- The change of a gas (water vapor) into a liquid (water).
- death of an entire species.
- A summary that states if your hypothesis was correct or incorrect and what the investigation showed, based on observations and data.
5 True/False questions
Nuclear power → the use of controlled nuclear reactions to produce steam, which in turn drives turbines to produce electricity
Overpopulation → A situation that occurs when a population becomes too great in number for the area they occupy, so that resources become scarce
data → The pieces of information collected in an investigation.
Sound Energy → The process of obtaining useful energy from the Sun via solar panels.
Ejecta → The blanket of material surrounding the crater that is thrown out during the impact. Usually these are piles of rocks around the circular hole. Often the material is lighter in color than the surface material. It becomes thinner as you move away from the crater.