5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- geothermal energy
- Hydrological Cycle
- Energy Pyramid
- a The continuous process in which water is circulated throughout the Earth and its atmosphere.
- b Shows the amount of energy available to pass from one level of a food chain to the next
- c are often made from crops that can be replanted or organic waste matter, that is constantly replenishing itself. The most popular type is ethanol.
- d Heat from the center of the earth that is used as an energy source, come to the surface in the form of volcanoes, fumaroles, hot springs and geysers.
- e death of an entire species.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A substance that can dissolve another substance, or in which another substance is dissolved, forming a solution. Water is the most common substance.
- A gaseous fossil fuel, methane, produced from organic matter that is used to cook and heat homes
- To prevent heat from passing through.
- The amount of mass in a given space.
- A brief burst of energy from teh sun's photosphere
5 True/False questions
Model → A picture, idea, or object that represents an object or process.
Dissolve → A mixture in which particles of one or more substances (the solute) are distributed uniformly throughout another substance (the solvent), so that the mixture is homogeneous.
Sand Dune → a hill of sand created by the wind
Symbiosis → The movement of weathered sediments by water, wind, or ice.
Paleontology → The study of the effects of water as a solid, liquid, or gas in the soil, rocks, and atmosphere.