5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- heat from the mantle and core
- seismic waves
- divergent boundary
- a waves formed from an earthquake
- b the process by which ocean floor sinks beneath a deep-ocean trench and back into the mantle
- c where two plates move apart
- d Heat from what source in Earth causes convection currents?
- e the super continent that joined all present-day continents together
5 Multiple choice questions
- any trace of an ancient organism that has been preserved in rock
- the transfer of energy through space
- the process of continually adding new material and land to the ocean floor
- sections of the lithosphere that fit together along cracks
- where two plates slide past each other
5 True/False questions
the force that pulls the continent → What evidence could Wegener not provide to support his idea?
basalt → breaks in Earth's crust where rocks have slipped past each other
size, composition, temperature, and pressure → Heat from what source in Earth causes convection currents?
rock samples and seismic waves → Name two types of evidence geologists use to study Earth's interior
convection → heat transfer between materials or between materials that are touching