7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Unwritten law that evolves from the customs and traditions of society
- A form of government in which the people select representatives to govern them and make laws.
- Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representative
- In the Roman republic, one of the two powerful officials elected each year to command the army and direct the government.
- A large feudal estate, including the castle and often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
- Medieval workers' organization
6 True/False questions
aqueduct → an overhead structure that carries water over long distances (Roman times)
indulgences → Selling of forgiveness of sins documents by the Catholic Church to raise money. The practice led to the Reformation.
Classical → Relating to ancient Greece and Rome.
revolution → a great and often violent change
serf → The head of the Roman Catholic Church
emperor → Absolute ruler of an empire