7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- an overhead structure that carries water over long distances (Roman times)
- Relating to ancient Greece and Rome.
- A form of government in which the people select representatives to govern them and make laws.
- in feudal Europe, a person who received a grant of land from a lord in exchange for a pledge of loyalty and services
- In the Middle ages, a written document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
- Medieval workers' organization
6 True/False questions
indulgences → A form of government in which the people select representatives to govern them and make laws.
divine right of kings → a great and often violent change
common law → In the Roman republic, one of the two powerful officials elected each year to command the army and direct the government.
polis → The head of the Roman Catholic Church
emperor → A large feudal estate, including the castle and often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
missionary → a person who spreads his or her religious beliefs to others