7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a great and often violent change
- A political system in which nobles are granted the use of lands that legally belong to their king, in exchange for their loyalty, military service, and protection of the people who live on the land
- Relating to ancient Greece and Rome.
- the belief that kings receive their power from God and are responsible only to God
- Greek city-state
- Medieval workers' organization
6 True/False questions
charter → In the Middle ages, a written document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
emperor → A large feudal estate, including the castle and often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
indulgences → Selling of forgiveness of sins documents by the Catholic Church to raise money. The practice led to the Reformation.
vassal → In the Roman republic, one of the two powerful officials elected each year to command the army and direct the government.
democracy → Absolute ruler of an empire
serf → The head of the Roman Catholic Church