7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representative
- A large feudal estate, including the castle and often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
- the belief that kings receive their power from God and are responsible only to God
- in feudal Europe, a person who received a grant of land from a lord in exchange for a pledge of loyalty and services
- Absolute ruler of an empire
- The head of the Roman Catholic Church
6 True/False questions
feudalism → A political system in which nobles are granted the use of lands that legally belong to their king, in exchange for their loyalty, military service, and protection of the people who live on the land
missionary → A large feudal estate, including the castle and often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
guild → A member of the lowest feudal class, bound to the land and whoever owned the land. Was the biggest part of the population and would be included with the land, if sold.
serf → The head of the Roman Catholic Church
indulgences → Selling of forgiveness of sins documents by the Catholic Church to raise money. The practice led to the Reformation.
polis → The head of the Roman Catholic Church