5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following would probably be the most developmentally appropriate type of discipline tactic for an 11-year-old?
- Marella and Ricardo have recently had a very serious fight. They pushed and smacked each other, and both ended up with bruises and black eyes. Their young son, Juan, witnessed the entire event. Which of the following forms of child maltreatment would best describe this situation?
- About __________ of all school-age children in the United States receive special education or related services.
- Which of the following is a strategy that helps us remember information by making it more personally meaningful?
- Older children are better at coping with stress than younger children for all of the following reasons, EXCEPT:
- a 10%
- b they are better able to deny stressful events.
- c physical abuse
- d deprivation of privileges
- e Elaboration
5 Multiple choice questions
- an architect
- "It's still the same amount of juice—you can tell by just pouring it back."
- neglectful parent.
- mental imagery
5 True/False questions
Which of the following age groups of children is the most susceptible to the possibility that a suggestion will distort their memories? → self-concept
Suzanne believes that helping children develop their independence while still placing appropriate boundaries and limits on their actions is the most important function of parenting. Suzanne is probably a(n): → teach her to face problems realistically and cope with them
Micah has been rejected by most of her peers, whereas Ezra is neglected by them. Which of the following would be expected about these two children? → Micah will probably be more disruptive in school and at home than Ezra.
From whose theory of cognitive development was the concept of sensorimotor play derived? → segregating the classroom into groups.
Carol Gilligan has criticized Lawrence Kohlberg's theory of moral development because: → it does not include a role for reasoning about relationships and concern for others.