5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- With regard to family processes, which of the following patterns has been supported by research?
- Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of concrete operational thought?
- When teachers adjust their level of support and guidance to the level of skill of the student, it is called:
- Carol Gilligan has criticized Lawrence Kohlberg's theory of moral development because:
- Which view of education sees the teacher as a monitor and guider who helps a child build his/her own understanding of the world?
- a scaffolding.
- b the ability to think abstractly
- c it does not include a role for reasoning about relationships and concern for others.
- d constructivist approach
- e disequilibrium immediately after the divorce, then restabilization 2 years later
5 Multiple choice questions
- emphasize delaying gratification.
- children reinforce and punish each other for gender behaviors.
- allow his child to watch repeated news footage of the tragedy.
- attention; centration.
- physical abuse
5 True/False questions
Females are often perceived as more emotionally expressive than males. This could be because females: → maintaining attention to tasks.
Erik Erikson's fourth stage of development, appearing during middle and late childhood, is called: → industry versus inferiority.
Research reported by Baumeister and others in 2003 shows that individuals with high self-esteem: → Divorces inevitably impair children's ability to adapt to difficulties in their lives.
Mimi looks at her mother and says, "Grandma can't be your mother, because she is my grandmother." Mimi does not yet understand: → classification.
Which of the following describes what Lev Vygotsky believed about the development of thought and language? → Lack of conservation is reflected in centration.