5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The stage of preoperational thought lasts from age ________ years until age ________ years.
- Micah has been rejected by most of her peers, whereas Ezra is neglected by them. Which of the following would be expected about these two children?
- Self-esteem is to _______ self-evaluation as self-concept is to _______ self-evaluation.
- At what age do children show a preference to spend time with a same-sex playmate?
- Research into the effects of high levels of self-regulation have found that higher self-control in children between the ages of 4 and 10 years was related to lower levels of:
- a Micah will probably be more disruptive in school and at home than Ezra.
- b global; domain-specific
- c around 3 years old
- d deviant behavior.
- e 2; 7
5 Multiple choice questions
- emotion security theory
- individualism, instrumental purpose, and exchange
- They are limited in predicting behavior considering the many other influencing factors.
5 True/False questions
Approximately __________ of lesbians are parents. → 20%
Females are often perceived as more emotionally expressive than males. This could be because females: → are socialized to show their emotions more than males.
What is morphology? → increase the speed of information traveling through the nerve cells.
Which of the following is NOT one of the functions of friendship that is proposed by Gottman and Parker? → being hit, slapped, or pushed
Myelination in the brain serves to: → good at modeling prosocial behaviors for children.