Create an account
In helping relations what are the "P" words
2. philosophy = of values & beliefs
4. pre-servation = health
5. palliation = try to reduce stress, fears thru comfort
6. psychic boost = ↑ morale, self-esteem
7. practicality = useful solutions, problem solve, critical thinking
8. personal = individualized
the five professional communication elements are?
1. courtesy = knocking on door, introduce yourself, eye contact, thank you, please, etc...
2. privacy = can't talk about patient, HIPPA
3. Trustworthiness = honest, competent, reliable
4. Autonomy = self directed, personal responsibility for what is done
- able to declare and affirm one's own opinions while respecting the rights of others to do the same
- it fosters successful communication
what are the 4 relationship phases?
1. pre-orientation = things you do before meeting the patient. Ex. getting report, look at chart, get room ready
2. Orientation = introduction. establish roles. establish goals → what do they want to accomplish
3. Working = Longest phase. work together to meet goals. Teaching, counseling, further assessment
What are the 5 communication levels?
1. Intrapersonal = w/in yourself. "self-talk" guided imagery, motivation, calming yourself
2. Interpersonal = most common. one-on-one, face-to-face with another person
3. Transpersonal = occurs w/in spiritual domain. used both intra & interpersonally.
4. Small group = 2-10 people. group dynamics
5. Public = >10 people. interaction w/an audience, eye contact, movement, voice inflection
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together