5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- REP actors need to be able to
- western theater started with....
- Dramaturge -
- a the greeks
- b charged with running and financing the productions from the gov't...chose didaskolos
- c name of the person who assisted the writer in early Greek theatre by giving instructions to the actors
- d teach, mentor and act.
- e Researches the way of the world when written
Research the life of the author
Research the other works of author
Pieces of interest
5 Multiple choice questions
- puppets, masks, sounds..."theater uses all the arts"sound-music, sculpture, painting, architecture, writing, textured art, etc.)
- writer, actor, and director, AUDIENCE to create.
- $0 to $69 million and counting.
- 30 cubic yards of sand, 90,000 pounds, 8 inch depth
11 people for 5 hours, 2 dump trucks, few hundred wheelbarrows
- Founding member of East German Directing Institute and Head of the Directing Department
Greatest Living Authority on Brecht
Theatre is a collective art.
Look for positives in theatre
Collaboration, listening, observation skills can only be practiced. Service to society and audience
Everyone has preconceived idea of what they want to see. Understand emotional memory of audience
Director brings a story and puts it together
5 True/False questions
penal colony → name of the person who assisted the writer in early Greek theatre by giving instructions to the actors
First -what types of theatre are there? → Professional, for-profit (like Broadway, Off-Broadway, touring companies, cruise theatre...meant to make money)
Professional not-for-profit (what UD has)...most major cities have one
Like the library, doesn't exist to make money, exists for the public good. The goal is to make enough money to operate
Educational Theatre (High school, college productions)
Community Theatres (put on for fun to entertain community, neighbors)
Amateur in the church or your house
Biggest expense in theatre is labor or human beings → Salaries of people involved
Ushers, box office, etc.
For the REP: Operating expenses- non profit → the greeks
directors do... → a collaborative art form