5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Professional theatre company at UD
- directors do...
- penal colony
- Joe Hanreddy
- For the REP: Operating expenses- non profit
- a resident actors whose job is to appear in series of plays and teaches one undergrad course open to students
- b Investments
Delaware Division of the Arts
A little from the box office
- c Director of OUR COUNTRY'S GOOD, by Timberlake Wertenbaker
- d started around the Bloody Act with many horrific punishments
London was a dicey town dusk to dawn act that caused quite a stir was the hanging of a 7 and 11 year old,
- e Select the script
Research the world of the play
Analyze play's meaning and theme
Select key collaborators
Realize concept - stay on track
Rehearse and block
5 Multiple choice questions
- Assistant Technical Director on the SANDBOX and not the kitty litter
- teach, mentor and act.
- Founding member of East German Directing Institute and Head of the Directing Department
Greatest Living Authority on Brecht
Theatre is a collective art.
Look for positives in theatre
Collaboration, listening, observation skills can only be practiced. Service to society and audience
Everyone has preconceived idea of what they want to see. Understand emotional memory of audience
Director brings a story and puts it together
- 30 cubic yards of sand, 90,000 pounds, 8 inch depth
11 people for 5 hours, 2 dump trucks, few hundred wheelbarrows
- $0 to $69 million and counting.
5 True/False questions
First -what types of theatre are there? → teach, mentor and act.
western theater started with.... → the greeks
Budget for "Music Man" → $0 to $69 million and counting.
Choregus → charged with running and financing the productions from the gov't...chose didaskolos
Artistic Director Responsibilities → first real director in the modern sense of the term.