Progress Test Collocations
Terms in this set (32)
1. The child was found _____________ at the side of the road.
2. By the time we got home the streets were _______________.
3. Is something wrong with James? He seems very s_____________ today.
4. The dog had obviously been _____________, he was painfully thin and had a skin condition.
1. They managed to __________ him after he had fainted in the sun.
2. How are we going to ___________ the misconceptions in the media about our product.
3. He always _____________ to my emails immediately.
4. The police _____________ to let anyone past the barrier.
1. This problem has ___________ since I first joined the company.
2. I ___________ on calling you a cab, you're in no state to walk.
3. The course _____________ of 3 hours of class a week and an optional conversation session on Fridays.
4. Please _____________ from sticking chewing gum to the bottom of the tables.
1. He was ____________ in the football match and missed the next 3 games.
2. He was ____________ in the battle and had to be flown home.
3. The area was ______________ by tropical storms over the winter.
4. They were ______________ from the competition in the first round.
1. He was in a ___________ of shock after the accident.
2. The living ___________ in the 3rd world are horrendous.
3. Under no _____________ must you feed the pigeons.
4. This is one of those _____________ when I wish I had studied more at school.
1. The builder gave me a rough ___________ of how much it would cost.
2. We checked the weather ____________ before we left.
3. Life ____________ for women has increased a lot in the last few years.
4. We made a ____________ about what was going to happen in the next chapter.
1. Frodo and Sam set out on the ___________ to destroy the one ring.
2. The film started with an action-packed car ____________ through the city.
3. The ____________ of happiness is the most important thing for most people.
4. He had a burning _____________ to visit Moscow before kicking the bucket.
1. We must do everything we can to save the __________________.
2. In the _______________ of the picture there's a strange man doing a funny dance.
3. The story may seem strange nowadays but in the ____________ of the time it was perfectly normal.
4. Rome was the perfect ________________ for the main action sequence in the new bond film.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Master the first 1,000 Words in English
Into the Wild study Guide 1
CAE (C1) Gapped Sentences 2015
Rewrite (Thầy Phương)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Bucket List Activities: Missing Verbs
Extreme Sports Equipment
Travel the World: Extreme Sports
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Phrasal verbs Vs Formal
CAE Part 3 Speaking