5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The following comprise a positive ethos:
A. Competence, charisma, and candor
B. Competence, dramatic ability, and charisma
C. Competence, good moral character, and goodwill
D. Competence, candor, and good moral character
- Which of the following is a potential drawback to polling audience member during the introduction?
A. No one will respond
B. Responses will be unexpected
C. The speaker may be put on the spot to answer
D. No one will respond, responses will be unexpected, and the speaker may be put on the spot to answer
- A speakers selectively presenting only those statistics that buttress his or her point of view while ignoring competing data is said to be...
- Topic mapping is useful for _____ ideas for speech topics.
D. both visualizing and narrowing
- Which of the following represents a difference between spoken and written language?
- a D. both visualizing and narrowing
- b cherry-picking
- c C. Competence, good moral character, and goodwill
- d D. No one will respond, responses will be unexpected, and the speaker may be put on the spot to answer
- e Spoken language is more interact with the audience
5 Multiple choice questions
- C. dyadic communication
- C. ethnocentrism
- A. Venezuela
- B. deliberative oratory
- B. refining topic purpose
5 True/False questions
Effective transitions move listeners between...
A. one main point the and the next
B. a main point and a supporting point.
C. one supporting point and another supporting point.
D. one main point and the next, a main point and a supporting point, and one supporting point and another supporting point → A. the audience holds attitudes and beliefs about the topic similar to the speaker's but needs direction in taking action
The summary portion of the speech conclusion should not...
A. "tell the audience what you've already told them."
B. summarize each main point of the speech
C. mention each supporting point of the speech
D. comment one the significance of each main point → C. mention each support point of the speech
The study of moral conduct, or how people should act toward not another, is termed...
D.. Ethnicity → A. Ethics
Which cultures structure life more rigidly and formally for their members?
A. Low-uncertainty avoidance cultures
B. High-uncertainty avoidance cultures
C. Low power distance cultures
D. High masculine cultures → C. Self-esteem
Newsweek and Time are examples of... → information gathered by others