5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following would not be considered a demographic characteristic?
B. Ethnic or cultural background
- Which of the following is not a common or effective brainstorming technique?
A. making lists
B. refining topic purpose
C. topic mapping
D. using word association
- A culturally sensitive speaker
- Which cultures structure life more rigidly and formally for their members?
A. Low-uncertainty avoidance cultures
B. High-uncertainty avoidance cultures
C. Low power distance cultures
D. High masculine cultures
- A speech introduction is designed to...
A. arouse the audience's attention and motivate the audience to accept the speaker's goals
B. provide an in-depth discussion of the topic.
C. review and discuss all the main points of a speech.
D. arouse the audience's attention, motivate the audience to accept the speaker's goals, provide an in-depth discussion of he topic, and review and discuss al the main points of a speech
- a B. High-uncertainty avoidance cultures
- b avoids language that is biased, doesn't restrict the gender of the person or persons in question, and considers the issues that are important to person with disabilities
- c C. Self-esteem
- d B. refining topic purpose
- e D. arouse the audience's attention, motivate the audience to accept the speaker's goals, provide an in-depth discussion of he topic, and review and discuss al the main points of a speech
5 Multiple choice questions
- A. mass communication
- A. Venezuela
- B. Phrase 2
- supply the name and qualification of the source
5 True/False questions
If a source used in a speech requires credit in written for, it also...
A. Requires consent from the author
B. Should be mentioned before the speaker's findings
C. Needs to be quoted directly
D. Should be acknowledged orally as another person's work → D. Should be acknowledged orally as another person's work
According to Richard Lewis, which cultures are people-oriented, extroverted, and tend to do many things at once?
A. Reactive cultures
B. Multi-active cultures
C. Linear-active cultures
D. Reactive cultures, Multi-actve cultures, and linear-active cultures are not people-oriented, extroverted, and tend to do many things at once. → the title and year of publication
Research on speaker credibility reveals that people most trust those speakers who...
A. Have a sound grasp of the subject
B. Display sound resigning skills
C. Are honest and straightforward
D. Have a sound grasp of the subject, display sound reasoning skills, and are honest and straightforward → D. Have a sound grasp of the subject, display sound resigning skills, and are honest and straightforward
The ______ is an explicit statement of what you expect your speech to accomplish.
A. general purpose
B. specific purpose
C audience analysis
D. topic selection → B. specific purpose
To demonstrate the nature and significance of a problem and provide justification for a proposed solution, a speaker should use which pattern of arrangement?
D. problem-solution → Denotative meaning