5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If a medical doctor gives cutting-edge information on the threat of high cholesterol, she is providing which type of supporting material?
- Listeners are most likely to remember and act on a speech that...
A. uses many statistics
B. ends with a strong conclusion
C. begins with a quotation
D. does all of the above
- Facts, statistics, testimonies, and narratives are all examples of....
A. main points
C. supporting material
- A speech topic is considered unethical if the topic...
A. Shows an audience how to perform illegal actions
B provides audience member with information that may physically or psychologically harm them
C. is humiliating or degrading to the audience
D. shows an audience how to perform illegal action, provides audience members with information that may physically or psychologically harm them, or is humiliating or degrading to the audience.
- Which of the following outlines uses a few words associated with each specific point?
- a expert testimony
- b C. supporting material
- c D. shows an audience how to perform illegal action, provides audience members with information that may physically or psychologically harm them, or is humiliating or degrading to the audience.
- d C. Key-word
- e B. ends with a strong conclusion
5 Multiple choice questions
- A. six
- D. arouse the audience's attention, motivate the audience to accept the speaker's goals, provide an in-depth discussion of he topic, and review and discuss al the main points of a speech
- illustrate, describe, and represent things
- C. both what do I want the audience to learn or believe and what do I personally want to achieve by delivering this speech?
- D. No one will respond, responses will be unexpected, and the speaker may be put on the spot to answer
5 True/False questions
To explain the physical arrangement of a place, a scene, or an object, a speaker should use which pattern of arrangement?
D. topical → B. spatial
Interview questions that invite elaborations are _____ questions?
D. Scale → A. Venezuela
The recipient of the source's messages is...
A. the encoder
B. the channel
C. the receiver
D. the encoder, the channel, and the receiver → C. the receiver
Transforming ideas and thoughts into messages is called...
D. channeling → A. encoding
The following comprise a positive ethos:
A. Competence, charisma, and candor
B. Competence, dramatic ability, and charisma
C. Competence, good moral character, and goodwill
D. Competence, candor, and good moral character → C. Competence, good moral character, and goodwill