5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Listeners are most likely to remember and act on a speech that...
A. uses many statistics
B. ends with a strong conclusion
C. begins with a quotation
D. does all of the above
- Effective transitions move listeners between...
A. one main point the and the next
B. a main point and a supporting point.
C. one supporting point and another supporting point.
D. one main point and the next, a main point and a supporting point, and one supporting point and another supporting point
- Which of the following would not be considered a demographic characteristic?
B. Ethnic or cultural background
- Which part of speech alerts audience members to your specific speech purpose?
- The recipient of the source's messages is...
A. the encoder
B. the channel
C. the receiver
D. the encoder, the channel, and the receiver
- a C. the receiver
- b B. ends with a strong conclusion
- c C. Self-esteem
- d D. one main point and the next, a main point and a supporting point, and one supporting point and another supporting point
- e A. introduction
5 Multiple choice questions
- D. problem-solution
- supply the name and qualification of the source
- one in five
- A. context
- D. all the above
5 True/False questions
The audience's response to a message is referred to as...
A. shared meaning
C. the medium
D. decoding → B. feedback
A speech would be practiced at least how many times?
D. nine → A. Venezuela
The speaking outline should...
A. be written on small notecards
B. be written in large print
C include transitions
D. be written on small notecards, be written in large print, and include transitions → D. be written on small notecards, be written in large print, and include transitions
Research indicates that audiences prefer speeches that contain _______ main points.
A. one to two
B. two to five
C. five to ten
D. at least six → B. two or three
When the speaker reiterates each main point in the conclusion, the audience...
A. mentally checks off what they have heard during the speech
B. secretly hopes that the speech will hurry up and end
C. asks the speaker to review the supporting points
D. does all of the above → D. Agora