5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The audience's response to a message is referred to as...
A. shared meaning
C. the medium
- Which of the following represents a difference between spoken and written language?
- To discuss a topic in terms of its underlying causes, a speaker should use which pattern of arrangement?
- Which type of reference work summarizes knowledge that is found in original form elsewhere?
- Anything that influences the speaker, the audience, the speech, the occasion, or the situation is called...
D. communication process
- a encyclopedias
- b Spoken language is more interact with the audience
- c C. causal
- d A. context
- e B. feedback
5 Multiple choice questions
- A. introduction
- D. the topic, the amount of material to be covered, and the length of the speech
- B. refining topic purpose
- avoids language that is biased, doesn't restrict the gender of the person or persons in question, and considers the issues that are important to person with disabilities
- B. Phrase 2
5 True/False questions
When People disagree about the meaning of a word, they are responding to the word's... → connotative meaning
Primary research does not include... → avoids language that is biased, doesn't restrict the gender of the person or persons in question, and considers the issues that are important to person with disabilities
Which of the following outlines uses a partial construction of the sentence form of each point?
D. phrase → C. Key-word
Speech conclusions fulfill which of the following functions?
A. alerting the audience that the speech is coming to an end
B. summarizing the key points of the speech
C. challenging the audience to respond
D. all the above → D. all the above
The recipient of the source's messages is...
A. the encoder
B. the channel
C. the receiver
D. the encoder, the channel, and the receiver → A. encoding