5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Research on speaker credibility reveals that people most trust those speakers who...
A. Have a sound grasp of the subject
B. Display sound resigning skills
C. Are honest and straightforward
D. Have a sound grasp of the subject, display sound reasoning skills, and are honest and straightforward
- Which type of reference work summarizes knowledge that is found in original form elsewhere?
- Which of the following helps to determine the number of main points for a speech?
A. the topic
B. the amount of material to be covered
C. the length of the speech
D. the topic, the amount of material to be covered, and the length of the speech
- If a source used in a speech requires credit in written for, it also...
A. Requires consent from the author
B. Should be mentioned before the speaker's findings
C. Needs to be quoted directly
D. Should be acknowledged orally as another person's work
- The study of moral conduct, or how people should act toward not another, is termed...
- a A. Ethics
- b encyclopedias
- c D. Have a sound grasp of the subject, display sound resigning skills, and are honest and straightforward
- d D. the topic, the amount of material to be covered, and the length of the speech
- e D. Should be acknowledged orally as another person's work
5 Multiple choice questions
- Denotative meaning
- A. topical
- A. mentally checks off what they have heard during the speech
- sources that are both reliable and credible
- illustrate, describe, and represent things
5 True/False questions
How many people in the United States experience a mental or physical disability? → one in five
Which of the following countries does not rank high on individualism?
C. Great Britain
D. Canada → A. Venezuela
The audience's response to a message is referred to as...
A. shared meaning
C. the medium
D. decoding → B. feedback
The following four phrases pertain to a specific speech. Use the phrases to answer the question.
- Phrase 1: the Department of Transportation (DOT)
-Phrase 2: DOT programs available online to serve community members
- Phrase 3: to inform
-Phrase 4: to inform the audience about three online DOT programs for consumers- Hazardous Road Conditions,Vehicle Registration, and Driver's License Renewal- so that they will be able to use the services of these programs
Which phrase is the narrowed topic?
A. Phrase 1
B. Phrase 2
C. Phrase 3
D. Phrase 4 → C. Competence, good moral character, and goodwill
Which of the following is a potential drawback to polling audience member during the introduction?
A. No one will respond
B. Responses will be unexpected
C. The speaker may be put on the spot to answer
D. No one will respond, responses will be unexpected, and the speaker may be put on the spot to answer → B. Ethos