****NTK MAJOR DIFFERENCE• Pulmonary Emphysema: Loss of elasticity and hyperinflation of the lungs. Aveloli collapse and air becomes trapped in lungs.
• Chronic Bronchitis: Inflammation of the bronchi and bronchioles caused by exposure to irritants, especially smoke. (vasodilation of airways and increased mucous)
• Consider age, gender, occupational history, and race
• Hypoxia, hypoxemia, fatigue, weakness
• Warm cyanotic extremities/lips, bounding pulse, distended neck veins
• Nausea or anorexia, chronic cough, acidosis