5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The First Line of Defense
- Louis Pasteur
- Anton von Leeuwenhoek
- a A weakened or dead form of a disease-causing organism. It gives your immune system a chance to learn the characteristics of the disease-causing organism, so that way, your WBC's will recognize the organism when you're exposed to it.
- b a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
- c invented the microscope and discovered bacteria, 1600s.
- d the skin
- e developed pasteurization, a system in which milk and other foods are heated in order to kill bacteria, 1800s.
5 Multiple choice questions
- helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
- a situation in which a particular disease is affecting large numbers of people and is spreading rapidly from person to person.
- created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
- the ability to resist a disease, due to either a vaccine or having the disease.
- Swedish millionaire who awarded people with monetary awards who made large discoveries and improvements in the medical field, 1890s
5 True/False questions
Joseph Lister → developed pasteurization, a system in which milk and other foods are heated in order to kill bacteria, 1800s.
toxin → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
Three Disease Fighting Habits → Washing your hands regularly, excersising regularly and staying active, eating healthy foods and not eating foods that are spoiled or have been poorly handled.
homeostasis → the physical and chemical activities that occur within the body to keep everything the same.
Alexander Fleming → created penicillin using specialized mold that which cured bacterial infections, 1928.