5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alexander Fleming
- a a poisonous substance produced by bacteria and viruses.
- b A weakened or dead form of a disease-causing organism. It gives your immune system a chance to learn the characteristics of the disease-causing organism, so that way, your WBC's will recognize the organism when you're exposed to it.
- c created penicillin using specialized mold that which cured bacterial infections, 1928.
- d a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
- e something that actually gets rid of a disease-causing organism or the disease itself.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Air, Contaminated Objects, Person to Person, Animals and Food or Water.
- created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
- Swedish millionaire who awarded people with monetary awards who made large discoveries and improvements in the medical field, 1890s
- the physical and chemical activities that occur within the body to keep everything the same.
- the skin
5 True/False questions
Louis Pasteur → created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
Joseph Lister → developed pasteurization, a system in which milk and other foods are heated in order to kill bacteria, 1800s.
antibiotic → a chemical substance that can stop or destroy bacteria and other micro-organisms.
Walter Reed → helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
antibody → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.