5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Three Disease Fighting Habits
- a something that actually gets rid of a disease-causing organism or the disease itself.
- b the ability to resist a disease, due to either a vaccine or having the disease.
- c the physical and chemical activities that occur within the body to keep everything the same.
- d Washing your hands regularly, excersising regularly and staying active, eating healthy foods and not eating foods that are spoiled or have been poorly handled.
- e a chemical substance that can stop or destroy bacteria and other micro-organisms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a poisonous substance produced by bacteria and viruses.
- a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
- a protein made by a white blood cell that attacks a disease-causing organism.
- made the first vaccine to prevent smallpox, 1790s.
- created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
5 True/False questions
Walter Reed → helped fight mosquito caused diseases, such as yellow fever, 1800s
Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin → created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
Louis Pasteur → created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
Five Ways You Can Be Infected With A Pathogen → created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
epidemic → a situation in which a particular disease is affecting large numbers of people and is spreading rapidly from person to person.