5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Joseph Lister
- a the ability to resist a disease, due to either a vaccine or having the disease.
- b the physical and chemical activities that occur within the body to keep everything the same.
- c a poisonous substance produced by bacteria and viruses.
- d created antiseptics which prevented infection, 1800s.
- e A weakened or dead form of a disease-causing organism. It gives your immune system a chance to learn the characteristics of the disease-causing organism, so that way, your WBC's will recognize the organism when you're exposed to it.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Swedish millionaire who awarded people with monetary awards who made large discoveries and improvements in the medical field, 1890s
- created penicillin using specialized mold that which cured bacterial infections, 1928.
- a situation in which a particular disease is affecting large numbers of people and is spreading rapidly from person to person.
- created an oral vaccine against the disease polio, mid 1900s.
- the skin
5 True/False questions
treatment → steps taken to help a person feel better by getting rid of disease symptons.
antitoxin → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.
antibody → a protein made by a white blood cell that attacks a disease-causing organism.
antibiotic → a chemical substance that can stop or destroy bacteria and other micro-organisms.
Anton von Leeuwenhoek → a substance used to neutralize a toxin.