Create an account
- Describes active religious communities
- Communities whose mission includes ministry in the world, such as social work, pastoral work, or health care
- A meeting of all members of a religious congregation to discuss and decide on policy, leadership, and direction of the congregation
- Describes religious communities that focus primarily on prayer, rather than on active ministry
- Describes certain contemplative communities that have limited access to the outside world
- The process of education and spiritual development that takes place during the early months or years of joining a religious community
- A man or woman requesting and still discerning membership into a religious community, before becoming a novice
- One who meets periodically with another to counsel and encourage that person to deepen and strengthen his or her relationship with God
The Rite for Ordination
- The ceremony in which the bishop lays hands on the man being ordained, the ordination prayer, and the anointing of his hands
- Institute of higher study and spiritual and ministerial formation for men who are preparing for ordination to the priesthood
- The shared living and prayer of religious, who also often work in common ministries
- Religious order groups who focus on prayer and work within the community setting
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together