6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the governing body of Louisiana while it was a Spanish colony.
- a group of people who settle in a distant land but who still keep their ties to their native land.
- land given to the directors of the Company of the West under the condition that they bring settlers to the colony.
- a person who is bound to a life of service to others and who is considered property.
- a situation that occurs when armed forces try to capture a fortified fort or town by surrounding it and preventing any supplies from reaching it.
- a set of laws governing the conduct and treatment of slaves.
5 True/False questions
casket girls → young women who came to Louisiana in 1728 to become wives of the settlers.
French Revolution → an uprising that took place in France in 1789
neutral → a military force composed mainly of citizen-soldiers
surveyor → A person who measured and marked off boundary lines to establish land ownership.
proprietorship → A person who measured and marked off boundary lines to establish land ownership.