6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the governing body of Louisiana while it was a Spanish colony.
- a group that existed during the French Colonial Period, in charge of judicial matters and was presided over by commissary commissioner.
- a person who is bound to a life of service to others and who is considered property.
- land given to the directors of the Company of the West under the condition that they bring settlers to the colony.
- large estates or farms.
- not taking sides in a disagreement
5 True/False questions
right of deposit → during the Spanish colonial period, the ability to store goods in warehouses in New Orleans before loading them onto ocean-going ships.
militia → a group of people who settle in a distant land but who still keep their ties to their native land.
siege → a situation that occurs when armed forces try to capture a fortified fort or town by surrounding it and preventing any supplies from reaching it.
treason → A person who measured and marked off boundary lines to establish land ownership.
proprietorship → a system that gave an individual a charter to operate the colony as a business.