6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a group that existed during the French Colonial Period, in charge of judicial matters and was presided over by commissary commissioner.
- a collapse of the Company of the West.
- an uprising that took place in France in 1789
- a military force composed mainly of citizen-soldiers
- a system that gave an individual a charter to operate the colony as a business.
- large estates or farms.
5 True/False questions
land grant → land given to the directors of the Company of the West under the condition that they bring settlers to the colony.
Code Noir → a group of people who settle in a distant land but who still keep their ties to their native land.
slave → a situation that occurs when armed forces try to capture a fortified fort or town by surrounding it and preventing any supplies from reaching it.
surveyor → a person who is bound to a life of service to others and who is considered property.
right of deposit → a set of laws governing the conduct and treatment of slaves.