5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the steep edge or cliff bank that has been eroded by a river.
- b the land deposited by a river at its mouth, which is usually fan shaped.
- c The process of weathering rocks is called what starting with E?
- d a river or creek which flows out of a larger river
- e Pieces of rock that have broken off and bounced into the river or glacier.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Water flowing from hard rock onto much softer rock forms what feature in some rivers?
- The shape of a river Valley
- an inland body of water
- This is a river of ice and rock
- The shape of a glacier
5 True/False questions
Sea level → a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
watershed → Boundary of drainage basins
Billabong → a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
Confluence → where a river starts
Spur → a hill slope reaching down to a river