5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Flood Plain
- a a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
- b The process of weathering rocks is called what starting with E?
- c The shape of a glacier
- d a bend in a river
- e the flat land either side of a river that is covered with water when the river floods.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a river or creek which flows into a larger river
- The river feature that results from water travelling from hard rock through to soft rock. The soft rock collapses causing this feature to form.
- the place where two rivers meet
- a hill slope reaching down to a river
- Pieces of rock that have broken off and bounced into the river or glacier.
5 True/False questions
Bluff → the steep edge or cliff bank that has been eroded by a river.
Mouth → the steep edge or cliff bank that has been eroded by a river.
water → a large stream of water which flows across the land
Distributary → a river or creek which flows into a larger river
Delta → the place where a river flows into a larger body of water such as the ocean