5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The shape of a river Valley
- b a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
- c a river or creek which flows into a larger river
- d What is the name for the substance that is responsible for changing our landscape?
- e where a river starts
5 Multiple choice questions
- The shape of a glacier
- the place where two rivers meet
- a curved lake beside a river that once was joined to the river as a meander
- Boundary of drainage basins
- a large stream of water which flows across the land
5 True/False questions
Bluff → the steep edge or cliff bank that has been eroded by a river.
Distributary → a river or creek which flows out of a larger river
Freeze-thaw weathering → Cracking of rocks that results from continued freezing and melting of water inside rock cracks. Causes the rocks to split apart.
Meander → a bend in a river
Delta → the land deposited by a river at its mouth, which is usually fan shaped.