5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a hill slope reaching down to a river
- b This is a river of ice and rock
- c Water flowing from hard rock onto much softer rock forms what feature in some rivers?
- d a river or creek which flows into a larger river
- e Pieces of rock that have broken off and bounced into the river or glacier.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a large stream of water which flows across the land
- What is the name for the substance that is responsible for changing our landscape?
- an inland body of water
- a river or creek which flows out of a larger river
- The river feature that results from water travelling from hard rock through to soft rock. The soft rock collapses causing this feature to form.
5 True/False questions
Billabong → a curved lake beside a river that once was joined to the river as a meander
Mouth → the land deposited by a river at its mouth, which is usually fan shaped.
Erosion → The process of weathering rocks is called what starting with E?
Valley → a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
Source → where a river starts