5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sea level
- a The shape of a glacier
- b the level of the sea
- c the land deposited by a river at its mouth, which is usually fan shaped.
- d Water flowing from hard rock onto much softer rock forms what feature in some rivers?
- e a large stream of water which flows across the land
5 Multiple choice questions
- Boundary of drainage basins
- a piece of land with higher land on either side and with a river flowing in it.
- The shape of a river Valley
- the steep edge or cliff bank that has been eroded by a river.
- Cracking of rocks that results from continued freezing and melting of water inside rock cracks. Causes the rocks to split apart.
5 True/False questions
Erosion → a hill slope reaching down to a river
Flood Plain → the flat land either side of a river that is covered with water when the river floods.
Meander → What is the name for the substance that is responsible for changing our landscape?
Confluence → the place where two rivers meet
Billabong → The process of weathering rocks is called what starting with E?