5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Willie Bester's collage Semekazi (Migrant Miseries) was intended to symbolize the ____.
- The use of space and atmosphere in Max Beckmann's The Dream could be best described as _____.
- The interior of the Egyptian temple of Amen-Re at Karnak is cluttered by a forest of columns because of the ____.
- African-American artist Faith Ringgold records the story of her life and dreams on a Harlem rooftop. Her painted memories are depicted withing the framework of a(n) _____.
- The female image in Red Coat by Alex Katz is most reminiscent of a ____.
- a supermodel icon
- b parchwork quilt
- c oppression of South African apartheid
- d weight of the massive stone lintels
- e claustrophobic and compressed
5 Multiple choice questions
- Buckminster Fuller; geodesic dome
- soft, velvety lines
- all of these choices
5 True/False questions
In recent years, artists have produced ____ sculptures by welding, riveting, and soldering. → metal plates
For The Ice Cube Project, Marco Evaristti and his crew ____ on an almost 10,000 square foot iceberg off the Greenland coast. → sprayed red dye
All but one of the following materials can be used for casting. Which one cannot?
5. Wax → Wood
_________ refers to a distinctive handling of elements and media associated with the work of an individual artist, a school or movment, or a specific culture or period. → drawing
Due to its ____, clay is frequently used to make three-dimensional preparatory sketches for other sculptures. → weakness