5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In his Apollo and Daphne, the Italian Baroque sculptor Bernini captured the softness of flesh and the textures of hair, leaves, and bark, thereby showing us the potential of ____ as a sculptural material.
- Diagonal lines are often used to ____.
- In works such as her Untitled mixed-media print of Chinese girls, Hung Liu's purpose is to ____.
- The advent of the camera replaced the age-old need of art to imitate nature as closely as possible, and this change, in turn, led to the development of 20th century artistic ____.
- Which of the following structures did Tokyo architect Shigeru Ban not design?
1. Paper Refugee shelter
2. MOMA paper-tube arch
3. Nomadic Museum
4. Paper museum
5. Pod House
- a Pod House
- b highlight the degradation of previous generations of Chinese women
- c abstraction
- d imply movement and directionality
- e marble
5 Multiple choice questions
- it is a painstaking and time consuming procedure
- Classical Greeks
- Piazza della Signoria
- "form follows function"
- visual balance
5 True/False questions
A good architectural example of rhythmic progression can be found in the ____ in the ceiling of the mosque at Córdoba, Spain. → arches
The medium of brush and wash is more versatile than brush and ink, as seen in Leonardo da Vinci's Study of Drapery. It is so realistic that it is almost ____. → monuments
____ was the exclusive painting medium of artists during the Middle Ages. → Content
In Brancusi's sculpture The Kiss, the two figures are reduced to a simple block form, much like the ___________ of Pablo Picasso and George Braque. → chocolate; teeth
Goldsworthy's Storm King Wall snakes through fields and around trees, ____ and reappears to continue along the landscape. → his breath