5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The first photographic process to leave a permanent image was invented in 1826 and known as ____.
- In Nighthawks, Edward Hopper's desolate scene of late night diners in a city cafe, the scene seems to be set in the period of the _____.
- The Synthetic Cubists were the first to create papiers collés, or collages, in the early 20th century. The two major figures of this movement were ____.
- The Incan fortress of Machu Picchu is considered to be ____ construction, as it was built without any mortar.
- Branzino's complex allegory Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time offers up such an iconographic puzzle that there is little doubt that he intended to leave the viewer with a sense of ___________.
- a 1940's
- b dry masonry
- c heliography
- d Ambiguity
- e Picasso and Braque
5 Multiple choice questions
- Inner torment
- Soft-ground etching
- Gender ideology
- acid bath that etches the exposed areas of the matrix
- mental sketchbook
5 True/False questions
Serigraphy, or silkscreen, was first developed for use as a(n) ____ medium, a fitting medium because Pop artist ____ used it to create Four Multi-colored Marilyns. → commercial; Andy Warhol
The Simon Rodia Towers in Watts, coated with glass, tile, shells, and dishes, took 33 years to erect. It an example of a(n) ____. → mixed media assemblage
Pictorial balance can be found in which of the following? → imply movement and directionality
Diagonal lines are often used to ____. → imply movement and directionality
The _________ shape of an artistic composition is considered the background. → rapid sketches and preparatory studies