5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Although there is much variety amongst the characters in Archibald Motley Jr.'s Saturday Night, the overall composition is unified by ____.
- _________ is the study of the themes and symbols in the visual arts: the figures and images that lend works their underlying meanings.
- When artists focus on the unity of ideas and meaning in their work rather than the visual and compositional elements, they are pursuing ____.
- Louise Nevelson said, "I began using found objects. I had all this wood lying around and I began to move it around, I began to compose." Nevelson's compositions are considered ____.
- In the ____ process, the artist creates clean-cut lines on a plate of copper, zinc, or steel by forcing a sharp burin across the surface with the heel of the hand.
- a a glowing red color field
- b conceptual unity
- c Iconography
- d assemblages
- e engraving
5 Multiple choice questions
- blurring outlines
- Picasso and Braque
- to write with light
- actual balance
- only a few uniformly etched lines
5 True/False questions
In Giotto's 14th-century painting Lamentation, joints can clearly be seen that break the blue sky into numerous sections. This occurred because of the ____. → medium of turpentine
____ designed a type of shell architecture for the American Pavilion at Expo 67 in Montreal known as the ____. → Tempera
The Artist's Studio, taken in 1837, was the first photograph of its kind and was produced on silver-plated copper by ____. → Daguerre
The popularity of relief printing declined with the introduction of the ____ process, which did not appear until the 15th century. → intaglio
The interior of the Egyptian temple of Amen-Re at Karnak is cluttered by a forest of columns because of the ____. → weight of the massive stone lintels