5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Gothic, pointed arch church of Notre-Dame of Paris is bathed in light due to its ample ____.
- Context has a profound influence on style. Artworks are very much a product of ____.
- Compositions such as Barbara Hepworth's Two Figures are termed ______ because they make no reference at all to nature or reality.
- A(n) ____ magnifies faraway objects and collapses the spaces between ordinarily distant objects.
- Robert Lazzarini's computer altered study for Payphone is intended to ____.
- a fenestration
- b compel the viewer to take a new look at the familiar
- c Nonobjective
- d telephoto lens
- e their culture at a moment in time
5 Multiple choice questions
- history's notable women
- parchwork quilt
- his breath
5 True/False questions
Made from the seat and handlebars of an old bicycle, ____ is probably the best known assemblage of all time. → sprayed red dye
____ is both a very realistic portrait of rural life in America and an icon of American art due to its many commercial reproductions on cereal boxes, greeting cards, posters, and the like. → Grant Wood's American Gothic
The main narrative or subject matter of Barbara Kruger's Untitled: We Don't Need Another Hero is _________. → Gender ideology
Suzanne Valadon's Adam and Eve subverts _____. → Picasso's Old Guitarist
Mezzotint is rarely used because____. → it is a painstaking and time consuming procedure