5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is central to Peter Eisenman's Holocaust Memorial in Berlin?
- An anti-commercial movement begun in the 1960's in which works of art are conceived and executed in the mind of the artist is known as _____.
- In Paul Landacre's Growing Corn, we see a good example of the ____ that can be obtained from the skillful use of wood engraving.
- The medium of brush and wash is more versatile than brush and ink, as seen in Leonardo da Vinci's Study of Drapery. It is so realistic that it is almost ____.
- A(n) ____ magnifies faraway objects and collapses the spaces between ordinarily distant objects.
- a photographic
- b precise lines and tonal gradations
- c conceptual art
- d telephoto lens
- e a sense of loss and absence
5 Multiple choice questions
- woodcut; Chinese
- mixed media assemblage
5 True/False questions
In the lost wax process, molten metal is poured into a fire-resistant mold known as a(n) ____. → equestrian
Contemporary watercolor is referred to as ____, made up of pigments and a vehicle of ____. → aquarelle; gum arabic
The form of an artwork includes all of the elements that make up the composition except ____. → Subject matter
In Welcome the World Famous Brand, the Luo Brothers portray an overcrowded composition which emphasizes ____. → the convergence of consumerism and globalism
________ is often a major design element in art forms such as ceramics, basketry, jewelry, and stained glass. → Iconography