5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Robert Lazzarini's computer altered study for Payphone is intended to ____.
- Leonardo da Vinci's Proportion of the Human Figure can best be considered an example of __________.
- Richard Morris Hunt's Griswold House, built in 1863, was designed in the short-lived ____ style. Its exterior treatment resembled an assemblage of matchsticks with many turrets, gables, and dormers.
- Cai Guo Qiang's classic example of ephemeral art, Transient Rainbow, came and went in about ____ in June of 2002.
- In art, a ____ is usually defined as a moving dot and is both the simplest and most complex of the visual elements.
- a line
- b Bilateral Symmetry
- c Stick
- d compel the viewer to take a new look at the familiar
- e 15 seconds
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cloud Gate; the bean
5 True/False questions
Willie Bester's collage Semekazi (Migrant Miseries) was intended to symbolize the ____. → oppression of South African apartheid
Due to its ____, clay is frequently used to make three-dimensional preparatory sketches for other sculptures. → weakness
The edges formed by the flesh and muscle in Edward Weston's Knees are best described as ____. → contour lines
Which of the following is central to Peter Eisenman's Holocaust Memorial in Berlin? → Carving
The "active layer" of film contains a(n) ____ of small particles of ____. → emulsion; silver halide