5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Donna Rosenthal's male and female figures in He Said...She Said are implied by a suit and party dress made from ______.
- The word photography is derived from Greek roots that mean ____.
- When artists focus on the unity of ideas and meaning in their work rather than the visual and compositional elements, they are pursuing ____.
- What inspired Picasso to create his groundbreaking painting known as Les Demoiselles d'Avignon?
- Aquatint is frequently used along with line etching to mimic the effects produced by ____.
- a Pages of discarded books and newspapers
- b African and Iberian art
- c to write with light
- d conceptual unity
- e wash drawings
5 Multiple choice questions
- abstract patches of neon-like color
- buon fresco; lime plaster
5 True/False questions
From the Latin for "blood," ____ is the name associated with an earthy red chalk color. → sanguine
Edward Steichen's ____, taken in 1906, is one of the foremost early examples of the photograph as a work of art → Jewish artists killed in the Holocaust
The edges formed by the flesh and muscle in Edward Weston's Knees are best described as ____. → in New York's Central Park
Andy Goldsworthy's Ice Piece was produced using ____. → buon fresco; lime plaster
Peter Eisenman placed 2711 gray, concrete ____ side by side to create a sense of claustrophobia at the Berlin Holocaust Memorial. → visual balance