5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In The Painter and His Model, Picasso was able to approximate the effects of mezzotint with a much simpler technique known as ____.
- Because it rests on a square base, the dome of the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople is supported by four triangular surfaces known as ____.
- In the lost wax process, molten metal is poured into a fire-resistant mold known as a(n) ____.
- _________ refers to a distinctive handling of elements and media associated with the work of an individual artist, a school or movment, or a specific culture or period.
- Judy Chicago's triangular installation called The Dinner Party was constructed to honor and immortalize _____.
- a history's notable women
- b aquatint
- c pendentives
- d investiture
- e Style
5 Multiple choice questions
- dry masonry
- approximate symmetry
- Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper
5 True/False questions
Woodcuts make use of the flat surface of wooden boards, but wood engravings use the end sections of the boards, yielding a ____ surface. → bent and stretched
Context has a profound influence on style. Artworks are very much a product of ____. → their culture at a moment in time
The Cow Parades, turning up in every style and theme imaginable in many cities worldwide, are considered ____. → public art
In Wu Jide's River Dwellers, patches of white and well placed touches of color are responsible for the overall ____in an asymmetrical and essentially monochromatic composition. → implied line
Contemporary artist Ed Paschke's Anesthesio composition has been "defaced" by ____, thus obscuring Lincoln's portrait. → metal plates