5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ribulose biphosphate
- Palisade layer
- a A five carbon sugar that is combined with carbon dioxide to form two three-carbon intermediates in the first stage of the light dependent reactions of photosynthesis.
- b Tissue found in the interior of leaves, made up of photosynthetic (parenchyma) cells, also called chlorenchyma cells.
- c Is the diffusion of hydrogen ions( Protons) across the biological membrane via the ATP synthase ( A transport protein) due to a proton gradient that forms on the other side of the membrane.
- d A layer of parallel elongated cells below the epidermis of a leaf.
- e Addition of oxygen
5 Multiple choice questions
- Black dioxide of this as an industrial raw material or additive, in glassmaking.
- An enzyme in the carborxylases responsible for the formation of the four-carbon compound oxaloacetate by catalyzing the bringing one molecule of carbon dioxide to the three-carbon compound phosphoenolpyruvate.
- A salt or an ester of oxaloacetic acid.
- Any of the various enzymes that catalyze the synthesis of a substance without the use of high-energy source such as cleavage of a phosphate bond.
- Inducing genetic mutation.
5 True/False questions
Amplitude → The height of a wave
Autotrophic → Organisms that depend on other organisms for their source of organic compounds (foods).
Crest → The peak of a wave
P700 → Is a nucleotide that contains a large amount of chemical energy stored in its high-energy phosphate bonds.
Ferrodoxin → An amino acid, one of the 20 building blocks of protein. A nonessential amino acid, is produced from another amino acid, phenylalanine.