5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner
- Bobby Seale and Huey Newton
- J Edgar Hoover
- Voting Rights Act
- a the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
- b the first head of the FBI who wanted to expose and neutralize the acts of black nationalist hate groups
- c the founders of the Black Panthers
- d where was Martin Luther King Junior assassinated?
- e the three men who were murdered in Mississippi, their bodies were later found in a dam (discouraged blacks from registering to vote)
5 Multiple choice questions
- what piece of legislation banned payment of poll taxes as a condition for voting in federal elections
- In 1964, when blacks and whites together challenged segregation and led a massive drive to register blacks to vote.
- the speech that Martin Luther King Junior gave after the march in Washington DC
- the man who lead the Poor People's Campaign March
- the act that banned discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin during employment
5 True/False questions
T Eugene Conner → the first head of the FBI who wanted to expose and neutralize the acts of black nationalist hate groups
Council of Federated Organizations → the council that was created to coordinated voter registration drives
University of California v. Bakke → the supreme court case that said the quota system can't be used in affirmative action
Southern Christian Leadership Conference → the police commissioner who met peaceful protests with violence
McComb → the third leader of the Nation of Islam who said African American freedom should be brought about by any means necessary, but was assassinated by his own group after his pilgrimage to Mecca