5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- black power
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- Council of Federated Organizations
- Freedom Summer
- Kerner Commission
- a In 1964, when blacks and whites together challenged segregation and led a massive drive to register blacks to vote.
- b the motto made by Stokely Carmichael that represented the more powerful position that they wanted in society
- c the commission that was created to investigate the cause of riots
- d the conference called by MLK Jr., to fight segregation. passive resistance stressed nonviolence and peaceful confrontation.
- e the council that was created to coordinated voter registration drives
5 Multiple choice questions
- spokesperson for the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party at the 1964 Democratic Convention
- the party that was created after a state party convention rejected all African American candidates
- the town were people became very violent in response to voters registration, and a voting bill was called for on "Bloody Sunday"
- the name for the tent city set up on the mall that became a criminal breeding ground
- the first African American student to go to the University of Mississippi
5 True/False questions
Medgar Evars → the field secretary of the NAACP who was shot for attempting to segregation Ole Miss
Malcolm X → the third leader of the Nation of Islam who said African American freedom should be brought about by any means necessary, but was assassinated by his own group after his pilgrimage to Mecca
the Black Panthers → the motto made by Stokely Carmichael that represented the more powerful position that they wanted in society
Memphis, Tennessee → the field secretary of the NAACP who was shot for attempting to segregation Ole Miss
Bobby Seale and Huey Newton → the founders of the Black Panthers