5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 24th amendment
- Elijah Muhammad
- Selma, Alabama
- Civil Rights Act of 1954
- a the first town to promote voters' registrations
- b what piece of legislation banned payment of poll taxes as a condition for voting in federal elections
- c the town were people became very violent in response to voters registration, and a voting bill was called for on "Bloody Sunday"
- d the second leader of the Nation of Islam who emphasized African American Superiority, and encouraged people to change their last name to X
- e the act that banned discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin during employment
5 Multiple choice questions
- the speech that Martin Luther King Junior gave after the march in Washington DC
- the idea that African Americans needed to create their own nation, and that there was no place for them in society
- the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
- the party that was created after a state party convention rejected all African American candidates
- the first head of the FBI who wanted to expose and neutralize the acts of black nationalist hate groups
5 True/False questions
Student Non-Violent Coordination Committee → the group that used freedom riders to challenge bus segregation
Poor People's Campaign → spokesperson for the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party at the 1964 Democratic Convention
Council of Federated Organizations → the council that was created to coordinated voter registration drives
Letter From Birmingham Jail → the final passage of the bill called on "Bloody Sunday" in Alabama.
James Meredith → the first African American student to go to the University of Mississippi