5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- India (After 1800)
- a ..., descendents of Spanish-born BUT born in Latin America; resented inferior social, political, economic status
- b Which modern nation is still mostly Shiite Muslim?
- c ..., Located in Bolivia, one of the richest silver mining centers and most populous cities in colonial Spanish America. (p. 479)
- d Province of India as it is known today.
- e Which Latin American country was a monarchy for several years after independence?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What impact did the Mongols have on trade from Asia and the Middle East?
- ..., a republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola
- Which two African countries were not colonized by Europeans in the 19th century?
- ..., An overland trade route connecting Asia and the Middle East. Many luxury items such as silk came from China to Middle East along with spices from India. Controlling it was Important to empires because they could control the flow of trade and enforce taxes. A source of tax for empires that controlled portions of it
- ..., the practice of making a debtor work for his creditor until the debt is discharged
5 True/False questions
South Africa → What was the "white man's graveyard"?
Karakorum → living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household
India (Before 1700) → Province of India as it is known today.
Simon Bolivar → located in West Africa, its rich soil gave rise to several civilizations; it also helped unite the region by enabling merchants and travelers to spread goods and ideas up and down the river
Timujin → ..., Genghis Khan's birth name