5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Kublai Khan
- Akbar the Great
- India (Before 1700)
- a ..., Mongolian emperor of China and grandson of Genghis Khan who completed his grandfather's conquest of China
- b ..., a republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola
- c ..., Mughal Empire
- d ..., (1542-1605) Emperor of the Mughal Empire in India. He is considered to be their greatest ruler. He is responsible for the expansion of his empire, the stability his administration gave to it, and the increasing of trade and cultural diffusion.
- e ..., Capital of the Mongol empire under Chinggis Khan, 1162 - 1227.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ..., a ship canal in northeastern Egypt linking the Red Sea with the Mediterranean Sea
- a former province of southern South Africa that was settled by the Dutch in 1652 and ceded to Great Britain in 1814
- ..., British statesman and reformer; leader of abolitionist movement in English parliament that led to end of English slave trade in 1807.
- ..., Mexican national hero; brought liberal reforms to Mexico, including separation of church and state, land distribution to the poor, and an educational system for all of Mexico
- What was the number one destination for slaves in the New World?
5 True/False questions
Ashanti → ..., Persian capital from the 16th to 18th centuries found in central Iran
Brazil → Which Latin American country was a monarchy for several years after independence?
They treated them as equals, as they both believed in the same God. They were two different religions though. → How did the Ottoman Empire treat its Christian minority?
Silk Route → ..., battle of ain jalut 1260. was the turning point of mongolian empire of mo.
10 thousand mongol soldiers were attacked by 40 thousand muslim soldiers from egypt. egyptain army wins -> was the first defeat of mongols since gheghis khan.
this defeat convinced many that mongols can be beat. also a civil war breaks out between kubilai and ariqbuke. the two brothers fight it out to see who would rule. first time after genghis that a civil war broke out. kubilai wins. this only weakens the mongol rule...eventually they divided into 4 separate states. 1260- turning point for Mongols because of lost battle, civil war, and division of empire
Boers → ..., Dutch settlers in south Africa