5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Monroe Doctrine
- James Monroe
- a What is the estimated number of Africans forcibly brought over to the New World?
- b ..., a theocratic islamic republic in the Middle East in western Asia
- c ..., a region of northern Africa south of the Sahara and Libyan deserts
- d ..., 5th President of the United States
- e ..., an American foreign policy opposing interference in the Western hemisphere from outside powers
5 Multiple choice questions
- ..., an adherent of Sikhism
- How did the Ottoman Empire treat its Christian minority?
- ..., beautiful mausoleum at Agra built by the Mogul emperor Shah Jahan (completed in 1649) in memory of his favorite wife
- ..., Located in Bolivia, one of the richest silver mining centers and most populous cities in colonial Spanish America. (p. 479)
- ..., Dutch settlers in south Africa
5 True/False questions
Suleiman the Magnificent → ..., a republic at the southernmost part of Africa
Karakorum → ..., Capital of the Mongol empire under Chinggis Khan, 1162 - 1227.
Benito Juarez → ..., Mexican national hero; brought liberal reforms to Mexico, including separation of church and state, land distribution to the poor, and an educational system for all of Mexico
So that they could control the trade routes from Africa to Europe → Why was control of the Nile River important to the British Empire?
Islandlwana → a battle, a terrible defeat for the british but it motiviated them to ultimately defeat the zulus, was in south africa