5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- South Africa
- Toussant L'Ouverture
- a ..., African in Santo Domingo who led insurrection: showed Napoleon would have trouble maintaining control in New World
- b ..., the largest city and former capital of Turkey
- c Which modern nation is still mostly Shiite Muslim?
- d What was the "white man's graveyard"?
- e ..., a person of mixed racial ancestry (especially mixed European and Native American ancestry)
5 Multiple choice questions
- 30,000 Infantry, originally of slave origin, armed with firearms and constituting the elite of the Ottoman army from the fifteenth century until the corps was abolished in 1826.
- located in West Africa, its rich soil gave rise to several civilizations; it also helped unite the region by enabling merchants and travelers to spread goods and ideas up and down the river
- ..., a region of northern Africa south of the Sahara and Libyan deserts
- What was the death rate for Africans in the slave trade?
- ..., the main house on a ranch or large estate
5 True/False questions
So that they could control the trade routes from Africa to Europe → What was the death rate for Africans in the slave trade?
Babur → ..., brilliant general who laid the foundation for the Mughal Empire
"sleeping sickness" → passed by a tsetse fly and affects the nervous system, placing the person in a deep and fatal sleep .African Europeans got this disease and the western coast became known as the white man's graveyard.
Isfahan → ..., Persian capital from the 16th to 18th centuries found in central Iran
Taj Mahal → ..., a ship canal in northeastern Egypt linking the Red Sea with the Mediterranean Sea