5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- So that they could control the trade routes from Africa to Europe
- Akbar the Great
- Seven Years War
- a ..., title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran
- b ..., (1542-1605) Emperor of the Mughal Empire in India. He is considered to be their greatest ruler. He is responsible for the expansion of his empire, the stability his administration gave to it, and the increasing of trade and cultural diffusion.
- c ..., Known in America as French and Indian war. It was the war between the French and their Indian allies and the English that proved the English to be the more dominant force of what was to be the United States both commercially and in terms of controlled regions.
- d Why was control of the Nile River important to the British Empire?
- e ...
5 Multiple choice questions
- ..., a person of mixed racial ancestry (especially mixed European and Native American ancestry)
- ..., Mestizo leader of Indian revolt in Peru; supported by many among lower social classes; revolt eventually failed because of Creole fears of real social revolution.
- What was the number one destination for slaves in the New World?
- ..., brilliant general who laid the foundation for the Mughal Empire
5 True/False questions
South Africa → What was the "white man's graveyard"?
"sleeping sickness" → ..., battle of ain jalut 1260. was the turning point of mongolian empire of mo.
10 thousand mongol soldiers were attacked by 40 thousand muslim soldiers from egypt. egyptain army wins -> was the first defeat of mongols since gheghis khan.
this defeat convinced many that mongols can be beat. also a civil war breaks out between kubilai and ariqbuke. the two brothers fight it out to see who would rule. first time after genghis that a civil war broke out. kubilai wins. this only weakens the mongol rule...eventually they divided into 4 separate states. 1260- turning point for Mongols because of lost battle, civil war, and division of empire
Iran → ..., a theocratic islamic republic in the Middle East in western Asia
Islandlwana → a battle, a terrible defeat for the british but it motiviated them to ultimately defeat the zulus, was in south africa
Karakorum → ..., Capital of the Mongol empire under Chinggis Khan, 1162 - 1227.