5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- "Crown Jewel" of British Empire
- Tribal influences prevented a change in culture and economy.
- a ..., People of mixed Native American and African descent. Lowest tier of social class, with no rights whatsoever.
- b Why weren't the above colonies colonized?
- c What was the number one destination for slaves in the New World?
- d ...
- e ..., Spanish-born, came to Latin America; ruled, highest social class
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which two African countries were not colonized by Europeans in the 19th century?
- What was one of Akbar's most unusual virtues for a world leader?
- ..., An overland trade route connecting Asia and the Middle East. Many luxury items such as silk came from China to Middle East along with spices from India. Controlling it was Important to empires because they could control the flow of trade and enforce taxes. A source of tax for empires that controlled portions of it
- ..., 5th President of the United States
- ..., battle of ain jalut 1260. was the turning point of mongolian empire of mo.
10 thousand mongol soldiers were attacked by 40 thousand muslim soldiers from egypt. egyptain army wins -> was the first defeat of mongols since gheghis khan.
this defeat convinced many that mongols can be beat. also a civil war breaks out between kubilai and ariqbuke. the two brothers fight it out to see who would rule. first time after genghis that a civil war broke out. kubilai wins. this only weakens the mongol rule...eventually they divided into 4 separate states. 1260- turning point for Mongols because of lost battle, civil war, and division of empire
5 True/False questions
India (Before 1700) → ..., Mughal Empire
Istanbul → ..., the largest city and former capital of Turkey
480,000 → What is the estimated number of Africans forcibly brought over to the New World?
"sleeping sickness" → passed by a tsetse fly and affects the nervous system, placing the person in a deep and fatal sleep .African Europeans got this disease and the western coast became known as the white man's graveyard.
Toussant L'Ouverture → ..., African in Santo Domingo who led insurrection: showed Napoleon would have trouble maintaining control in New World