5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- $40.4 million
- $25 million
- Hamilton vs. Jefferson
- First Capital of the United States
- District Court
- a amount of money owed by the U.S. to U.S> citizens after the Revolutionary War.
- b They had conflict over the type of federal government which existed, Hamilton wanted a strong central government, Jefferson wanted to protect the powers of the states.
- c Lowest level federal court where trials are held and lawsuits are begun.
- d Amount of states' debt.
- e New York City.
5 Multiple choice questions
- amount of money owed by the U.S. to foreigners after the Revolutionary War.
- First Vice President.
- That age and lack of political experience might make him a poor president.
- a way of interpreting the constitution that allows the federal government to take actions that the Constitution does not specifically forbid it from taking. Hamilton supported that in the argument about creating a national bank (which he supported)
- a commercial bank chartered by the federal government. The "Bank of the United States" was one. It gave the government a place to safely deposit its' money.
5 True/False questions
Biggest challenge of Alexander Hamilton → First Secretary of the Treasury.
Hamilton's plan to repay debt → Hamilton wanted the federal government to pay for most of this debt.
New York City → First Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
bonds → The various department heads under the President.
role of banks → places to deposit money for safekeeping, places which make loans. They pay interest on deposits and charge interest on loans.