5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hamilton vs. Jefferson
- Electoral College
- Alexander Hamilton
- How U.S. Capital was located in Washington
- Average citizens
- a First Secretary of the Treasury.
- b a group of people named by each state legislature to select the president and vice president
- c Hamilton had little faith in them, Jefferson thought they should have more of a say in ruling the country.
- d Southern states supported states debt repayment plan (which paid mostly northern states) in exchange for placing capital closer to the south.
- e They had conflict over the type of federal government which existed, Hamilton wanted a strong central government, Jefferson wanted to protect the powers of the states.
5 Multiple choice questions
- First Secretary of State.
- First Vice President.
- This was the amount of money owed by the United States to its' debtors.
- places to deposit money for safekeeping, places which make loans. They pay interest on deposits and charge interest on loans.
- a tax that raised the prices on foreign products.
5 True/False questions
bonds → certificates that represent money owed.
First Capital of the United States → New York City.
Protective Tariff → Hamilton saw this as a way to help promote manufacturing and business in the United States.
New York City → Where Washington was sworn into office.
Concern of George Washington → She had to entertain guests and attend social events as the First Lady.