5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- States' Debts
- $11.7 million
- Court of Appeals
- $25 million
- District Court
- a amount of money owed by the U.S. to foreigners after the Revolutionary War.
- b Amount of states' debt.
- c Hamilton wanted the federal government to pay for most of this debt.
- d They reviewed appeals to the decisions of the District Court.
- e Lowest level federal court where trials are held and lawsuits are begun.
5 Multiple choice questions
- people who buy items at low prices in the hope that the value will rise.
- Legislation passed by Congress that created the federal court system
- He thought farming was important because farms were independent works who could vote in a purer manner
- Hamilton had little faith in them, Jefferson thought they should have more of a say in ruling the country.
- He thought it was unfair to the original bond holders, many of whom sold their bonds to speculators at a price below full value.
5 True/False questions
protective tariff → a tax that raised the prices on foreign products.
Thomas Jefferson → First Secretary of State.
Cabinet → The various department heads under the President.
Concern of George Washington → She had to entertain guests and attend social events as the First Lady.
bonds → certificates that represent money owed.