5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Role theory
- Inductive reasoning
- Expert nurse
- Systems theory
- Patricia Benner
- a defines the interdependence of environments in and around us. all parts of a system are connected, and a change in one part of the whole will have an effect on another. (Ludwig von Bertallanaffy)
- b helps you, as a nurse, function therapeutically in interactions and helps you understand behaviors in your patients, their families, and yourself.
- c From Novice to Expert, focuses on clinical nursing practice and her belief that nursing knowledge accrues over time.
- d final level, has the ability to recognize patterns and responses that are automatic and integrated.
- e specific to general
1. 20 males btw the ages 19 and 35 had symptoms of PTSD after returning from war.
2. therefore, all males btw the ages of 19 and 35 returning from war will have symptoms of PTSD.
5 Multiple choice questions
- focus on evaluating outcomes, setting goals, self-care. Goal of theory is health for individuals, groups, and society
- helps the nurse understand the ability of living things to adjust (or adapt) in response to continuous internal and external stimuli.
- based on three concepts: wholeness, adaptation, and conservation (example: obtaining a wheelchair for the pt (conserve energy))
- goal of nursing is to promote adaptive responses through a six-step nursing process.
- interrelated definitions and concepts that are organized for viewing phenomenon specific to nursing.
5 True/False questions
Florence Nightingale → level 3, can multitask, plan and set goals, has ability to think abstractly and analytically.
Competent nurse → final level, has the ability to recognize patterns and responses that are automatic and integrated.
Developmental, or Physiological theories → theory focused on three major relationships: environment to pt, nurse to environment, and nurse to pt. (Environment is the major focus)
Four universal concepts central to nursing practice → interrelated definitions and concepts that are organized for viewing phenomenon specific to nursing.
What are the six steps to Roys adaptation model? → goal of nursing is to promote adaptive responses through a six-step nursing process.