5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Four universal concepts central to nursing practice
- Sister Callista Roy/ Roy adaptation model
- Patricia Benner
- Peplau/ Theory of interpersonal relations
- Novice nurse
- a person, nurse, health, and environment
- b From Novice to Expert, focuses on clinical nursing practice and her belief that nursing knowledge accrues over time.
- c level 1, student nurse or a skilled nurse being placed in an unfamiliar area
- d goal of nursing is to promote adaptive responses through a six-step nursing process.
- e (focused on relationship btw nurse and patient) encouraged autonomy through interlocking and overlapping phases: preorientation, orientation, working, and termination
5 Multiple choice questions
- general to specific
1. All members of Class A are purple.
2. Mary is a member of Class A.
3. Therefore, Mary is purple
- helps you, as a nurse, function therapeutically in interactions and helps you understand behaviors in your patients, their families, and yourself.
- interrelated definitions and concepts that are organized for viewing phenomenon specific to nursing.
- level 4, is able to see the whole (rather than the parts) of a situation, recognizes subtle changes, and focuses on the long-term goals.
- are the building blocks of a nursing theory that is initiated, based on a personal philosophy or belief about nursing, and may be abstract or concrete.
5 True/False questions
Conceptual models or nursing frameworks (aka paradigm) → (focused on relationship btw nurse and patient) encouraged autonomy through interlocking and overlapping phases: preorientation, orientation, working, and termination
Betty Neuman/ Health Care Systems model → theorizes that a person is a complex system that responds to stressors (internal and external environments) guides nursing practice at 3 levels of prevention: primary, secondary, and tertiary. focus evaluating pt stability, evaluating effects of stressors on the pt
Adaptation Theory → helps the nurse understand the ability of living things to adjust (or adapt) in response to continuous internal and external stimuli.
Florence Nightingale → level 1, student nurse or a skilled nurse being placed in an unfamiliar area
Myra E. Levine/ Conservation model → interrelated definitions and concepts that are organized for viewing phenomenon specific to nursing.