5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Competent nurse
- Adaptation Theory
- Advanced beginner nurse
- Systems theory
- Paradigm (aka conceptual model)
- a interrelated definitions and concepts that are organized for viewing phenomenon specific to nursing.
- b helps the nurse understand the ability of living things to adjust (or adapt) in response to continuous internal and external stimuli.
- c level 3, can multitask, plan and set goals, has ability to think abstractly and analytically.
- d level 2, considered the new graduate nurse who demonstrates marginally acceptable performance relies more on experienced nurses.
- e defines the interdependence of environments in and around us. all parts of a system are connected, and a change in one part of the whole will have an effect on another. (Ludwig von Bertallanaffy)
5 Multiple choice questions
- integrated set of concepts and statements that can be used to explain, describe, predict, or control a phenomenon. may be inductive or deductive reasoning (PP page 2)
- are the building blocks of a nursing theory that is initiated, based on a personal philosophy or belief about nursing, and may be abstract or concrete.
- general to specific
1. All members of Class A are purple.
2. Mary is a member of Class A.
3. Therefore, Mary is purple
- for example Maslow's Theory of the Hierarchy of Needs, Erickson's Theory of Psychosocial Development; both teach nurses that all systems in the human body are interdependent.
- (focused on relationship btw nurse and patient) encouraged autonomy through interlocking and overlapping phases: preorientation, orientation, working, and termination
5 True/False questions
Role theory → helps you, as a nurse, function therapeutically in interactions and helps you understand behaviors in your patients, their families, and yourself.
Sister Callista Roy/ Roy adaptation model → goal of nursing is to promote adaptive responses through a six-step nursing process.
Novice nurse → level 1, student nurse or a skilled nurse being placed in an unfamiliar area
Florence Nightingale → level 4, is able to see the whole (rather than the parts) of a situation, recognizes subtle changes, and focuses on the long-term goals.
What are the six steps to Roys adaptation model? → goal of nursing is to promote adaptive responses through a six-step nursing process.