5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
- A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean
- Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
- The adding of territory to a nation
- A resolution in 1846 that said any land acquired from Mexico could not have slavery
4 True/False questions
Doctrine of Nullification → A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
Free-Soil Party → People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
Era of Good Feelings → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
Electoral Collage → A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president