5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The adding of territory to a nation
- A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
- People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
- A term used in a newspaper in Boston describing the good economic stability (Political Harmony) that existed in the United States during that time (1817)
- Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
4 True/False questions
Depression of 1837: → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
Wilmot Proviso → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
Free-Soil Party → People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
American System → A plan to make the American economy stronger with a national bank, higher tariffs, and federal support for roads and canals.