5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
- The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.
4 True/False questions
Oregon Fever → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
Annexation → The adding of territory to a nation
Expansionists → People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
American System → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.