5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A resolution in 1846 that said any land acquired from Mexico could not have slavery
- A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)
- People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
- A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
- A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.
4 True/False questions
Oregon Fever → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Era of Good Feelings → A term used in a newspaper in Boston describing the good economic stability (Political Harmony) that existed in the United States during that time (1817)
Electoral Collage → A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
Free-Soil Party → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.