5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
- Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
- People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
- The adding of territory to a nation
4 True/False questions
Era of Good Feelings → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
Manifest Destiny → A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean
Depression of 1837: → A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
Doctrine of Nullification → A principle that allows states to refuse to enforce federal laws that they believe are unconstitutional. (Developed by John C. Calhoun of South California)