5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean
- A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- The adding of territory to a nation
- People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
4 True/False questions
Expansionists → People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
American System → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Missouri Compromise → An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
Oregon Fever → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.