5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
- People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
- A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
- A declaration by President James Monroe that said that the U.S. opposed any more European colonization in the Americas, and it also said that the U.S. would stay out of Europe's affairs.
- People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
4 True/False questions
Doctrine of Nullification → The adding of territory to a nation
Manifest Destiny → A belief that it was the U.S.'s destiny to go from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean
Wilmot Proviso → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
American System → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.