5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
- People who opposed slavery in U.S. Territories
- A term used in a newspaper in Boston describing the good economic stability (Political Harmony) that existed in the United States during that time (1817)
4 True/False questions
Trail of Tears → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
American System → A plan to make the American economy stronger with a national bank, higher tariffs, and federal support for roads and canals.
Depression of 1837: → The forced march of Native Americans (Cherokees) to the West in which many of the Natives died of exposure to many diseases.
Annexation → People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West