5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- An agreement in 1821 by which Missouri became a slave state and Maine became a free state. It also established the boundary of slave and free states in the Louisiana Purchase.
- A period of economic decline partly because the drop of the value of western land
- A group of electors chosen to elect the president and vice president
- People of the 1840s who want the U.S. to get more land in the West
- A term used in a newspaper in Boston describing the good economic stability (Political Harmony) that existed in the United States during that time (1817)
4 True/False questions
Oregon Fever → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.
Annexation → The adding of territory to a nation
Wilmot Proviso → A resolution in 1846 that said any land acquired from Mexico could not have slavery
Trail of Tears → Enthusiasm in the 1840s to move west to Oregon and get land there.