Create an account
1. A shrine where the ancient Greeks consulted one of their gods for advice or prophecy.
2. A prophecy made at such a shrine.
3. A person who transmits prophecy from a deity.
4. A person or thing regarded as able to give wise guidance.
1. A written contract between two parties.
2. An agreement binding an apprentice to work for a master.
3. To bind by written contract.
1. A deep, narrow passage with rocky sides, enclosed between mountains.
2. Gluttonous eating.
3. A feeling of nausea (used with rise).
4. To eat greedily.
5. To fill full; to stuff.
A grotesque carved human or animal figure, especially one used as a rain spout carrying water clear of a wall.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together