Disdainful, haughty, and aloof.
1. A shrine where the ancient Greeks consulted one of their gods for advice or prophecy.
2. A prophecy made at such a shrine.
3. A person who transmits prophecy from a deity.
4. A person or thing regarded as able to give wise guidance.
An address or formal speech given on a special occasion.
A mouth or vent; an opening.
A cut or notch.
1. A written contract between two parties.
2. An agreement binding an apprentice to work for a master.
3. To bind by written contract.
A long three-pronged fork or weapon.
A specialist who corrects irregularly positioned teeth.
1. A deep, narrow passage with rocky sides, enclosed between mountains.
2. Gluttonous eating.
3. A feeling of nausea (used with rise).
4. To eat greedily.
5. To fill full; to stuff.
1. To expel from the throat or stomach; to vomit.
2. To discharge violently.
Of immense size; gigantic.
A grotesque carved human or animal figure, especially one used as a rain spout carrying water clear of a wall.
1. To cause to pour back or cast up partially digested food; to vomit.
2. To rush or surge back.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.