5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Phineas Gage
- Neuroimaging techniques
- a use measures of brain activity as "markers" of different cognitive processes
- b 3 ft rod into cheek went through front of brain (frontal lobe). Suffered intellectual and emotional impairments.
- c plays a pivtol role in triggering and shaping our emotions
- d biological psychology / behavioural neuroscience
- e weighs 3-4 pounds and is thought to be the most complex known object in the universe
5 Multiple choice questions
- the departure point for signals that enter lower parts of the brain and spinal cord resulting in muscle movement. Found at the rearmost edge of the frontal lobe.
- divided into midbrain, pons and medulia
- electrodes on scalp that measure electrical activity during different tasks
- general arousal, breathing, heart rate
- central nervous system
5 True/False questions
frontal lobes → found behind forehead
primary somatosensory area → receiving stations for information arriving from ears, eyes and other sense organs.
cranial nerves → initiating modulating and planning behaviour, strategic thinking and problem solving
Four major lobes → frontal, parietal, Occipital, temporal
Medulla → found at bottome of hindbrain and controls breathing and blood circulation, helps to maintain balance by controlling head and limb position