5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When and where did Shakespeare die?
- What were his father's occupations?
- What types of people went to watch the plays?
- When was Romeo and Juliet written?
- How long did Shakespeare go to school and what language did he study?
- a April 23 in the family home
- b Alderman and Glover
- c Everyone, rich and poor
- d 7 years and Latin
- e 1594-96
5 Multiple choice questions
- Believed in it a great deal. Astrologers could have a great impact in people's lives.
- Susanna, Hamnet, and Judith
- She loved it. I know because she held some performances at Court and often went to watch plays.
- It was terrible due to terrible sanitation, and widespread disease.
5 True/False questions
What type of sound effects were there and where did they come from? → Cannons and Instruments. They came from the Hut.
Who did Shakespeare marry (name), and what were their ages (Shakespeare's age is first)? → He plagerized and took ideas from other poets and playwrights. Romeo and Juliet was originally a poem written by a man named Arthur Brooks.
What is the Hut and the turret? Why is a flag hung from the turret? → A trap door is a hidden entrance onto the stage from the area underneath that can be used to signify the death of a character or a ghost.
How many performances a day were there? → Usually one, but during summer sometime two.
When was it rebuilt, and what happened to it (the second Globe)? → 1594-96