5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When and where was Shakespeare born?
- What were the three types of plays that were performed?
- When and where did Shakespeare die?
- How many performances a day were there?
- How many stories was the original Globe, and what type of roof did it have?
- a Tragedy, Comedy, History
- b April 23 in Stratford
- c Usually one, but during summer sometime two.
- d 3 stories, thatched roof
- e April 23 in the family home
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Hut is a roofed area above the stage where sound effects came from. The turret was on top of the hut, and the flag that hung from the turret showed the genre of play being performed that day.
- Alderman and Glover
- No. They would throw rotten fruit and vegetables at the actors and/or hoist someone onto the stage to mess with the actors and the play in general.
- Males. Young, prepubescent boys played women.
- London, England
5 True/False questions
Where do the richer audience member's sit? What are the costs of a plain seat vs. one with a cushion? → In the galleries. A plain seat is 2 cents and a cushion is 3 cents.
What was the acting style like? → Actors shouted lines and showed exaggerated gestures.
What happened to the original Globe and how did it happen? → It burned down because a cannon blast from the hut set the thatched roof on fire.
How did Queen Elizabeth feel about theatre, and how do you know? → They believed in it a great deal.
When was Romeo and Juliet written? → Actors shouted lines and showed exaggerated gestures.