5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When and where was Shakespeare born?
- Were audiences as well behaved as they are today? What did they do if they disliked a play?
- Who attended the performances?
- What were the three types of plays that were performed?
- What did people feel about astrology in the Elizabethan Era?
- a Believed in it a great deal. Astrologers could have a great impact in people's lives.
- b No. They would throw rotten fruit and vegetables at the actors and/or hoist someone onto the stage to mess with the actors and the play in general.
- c April 23 in Stratford
- d Everyone
- e Tragedy, Comedy, History
5 Multiple choice questions
- She loved it. I know because she held some performances at Court and often went to watch plays.
- The Hut is a roofed area above the stage where sound effects came from. The turret was on top of the hut, and the flag that hung from the turret showed the genre of play being performed that day.
- In the galleries. A plain seat is 2 cents and a cushion is 3 cents.
- Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, A Mid-Summer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Julius Caesar
5 True/False questions
When was it rebuilt, and what happened to it (the second Globe)? → 1594-96
What was the acting style like? → 1594-96
What happened to the original Globe and how did it happen? → London, England
What shape was the globe and how many people could it hold? → Round, about 3,000
How many stories was the original Globe, and what type of roof did it have? → 3 stories, thatched roof