5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are five of Shakespeare's most famous plays?
- What was the acting style like?
- How did Queen Elizabeth feel about theatre, and how do you know?
- What class level did Shakespeare's family belong to?
- How do people feel about magic and other superstition?
- a Actors shouted lines and showed exaggerated gestures.
- b Upper-middle
- c Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, A Mid-Summer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Julius Caesar
- d She loved it. I know because she held some performances at Court and often went to watch plays.
- e They believed in it a great deal.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anne Hathaway and 18 and 26
- During the afternoon and daytime
- The Pit, Groundlings or Stinkards, 1 cent
- The Hut is a roofed area above the stage where sound effects came from. The turret was on top of the hut, and the flag that hung from the turret showed the genre of play being performed that day.
- Usually one, but during summer sometime two.
5 True/False questions
How long did Shakespeare go to school and what language did he study? → 7 years and Latin
What was life like during Elizabethan times? (Hint: It wasn't so good) → The stage was a 5 foot tall platform that jutted out into the Pit. It was often called the Apron's stage.
What did people feel about astrology in the Elizabethan Era? → Believed in it a great deal. Astrologers could have a great impact in people's lives.
When was Romeo and Juliet written? → 1594-96
How many kids did he and his wife have and what were their names? → Usually one, but during summer sometime two.