5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a trap door and why is it necessary?
- How many kids did he and his wife have and what were their names?
- In what city was the original Globe Theatre located?
- Who did Shakespeare marry (name), and what were their ages (Shakespeare's age is first)?
- How many stories was the original Globe, and what type of roof did it have?
- a 3 stories, thatched roof
- b Susanna, Hamnet, and Judith
- c A trap door is a hidden entrance onto the stage from the area underneath that can be used to signify the death of a character or a ghost.
- d Anne Hathaway and 18 and 26
- e London, England
5 Multiple choice questions
- Everyone, rich and poor
- Lord Chamberlain's Men was a theatre troupe that performed Shakespeare's plays. Their new name was the King's Men and they were named such because after Queen Elizabeth died, King James became the beneficiary.
- She loved it. I know because she held some performances at Court and often went to watch plays.
- Believed in it a great deal. Astrologers could have a great impact in people's lives.
- Males. Young, prepubescent boys played women.
5 True/False questions
How many performances a day were there? → April 23 in Stratford
What type of sound effects were there and where did they come from? → Everyone, rich and poor
How did Shakespeare come up with his stories? → He plagerized and took ideas from other poets and playwrights. Romeo and Juliet was originally a poem written by a man named Arthur Brooks.
What happened to the original Globe and how did it happen? → It burned down because a cannon blast from the hut set the thatched roof on fire.
When and where was Shakespeare born? → April 23 in the family home