5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the acting style like?
- Were audiences as well behaved as they are today? What did they do if they disliked a play?
- What are five of Shakespeare's most famous plays?
- What types of people went to watch the plays?
- How did Queen Elizabeth feel about theatre, and how do you know?
- a Actors shouted lines and showed exaggerated gestures.
- b Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, A Mid-Summer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Julius Caesar
- c Everyone, rich and poor
- d She loved it. I know because she held some performances at Court and often went to watch plays.
- e No. They would throw rotten fruit and vegetables at the actors and/or hoist someone onto the stage to mess with the actors and the play in general.
5 Multiple choice questions
- April 23 in Stratford
- Males. Young, prepubescent boys played women.
- Alderman and Glover
- During the afternoon and daytime
- They were extremely devoted. Most were Protestant.
5 True/False questions
How many kids did he and his wife have and what were their names? → Usually one, but during summer sometime two.
How many performances a day were there? → Usually one, but during summer sometime two.
How do people feel about magic and other superstition? → They believed in it a great deal.
How long did Shakespeare go to school and what language did he study? → 7 years and Latin
When was Romeo and Juliet written? → 1594-96