Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Arts and Humanities
4th Grade Religion Chapter 15 Fourth Commandment
Terms in this set (21)
The Fourth Commandment
Honor your father and your mother
What does the 4th Commandment teach us?
It teaches us to appreciate and obey our parents, our guardians, and all those who lead and serve us. We need to value and listen with respect to our parents, guardians, teachers, pastors, bishops, the pope and all those who help us to see God's will for us.
True or False: The Ten Commandments remind us of our relationship with God
List at least 3 benefits of living in accordance with God's Ten Commandments:
The Ten Commandments:
1) Remind us of our relationship with God
2) Help us to know how to love God, ourselves and others
3) Help us to judge right from wrong and good from evil
4) Give us joy that only comes from a relationship with God
5) Helps us to be active members of our church
In the Great Commandment, what did Jesus tell us the Ten Commandments are all about?
List the first 3 commandments in order
1) I am the Lord your God; you shall have no other gods before me
2) You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. (you shall not say "Oh my God" unless in prayer
3) Remember to keep holy the Lord's day (always get to Mass/church on Sunday; even before a sporting event or game OR you must go to confession)
True or False: When we follow the first 3 of the Ten Commandments, we show our love for God
True or False: The Fourth Commandment reminds families of their duty to God.
False: The Fourth Commandment reminds families of their duty to one another.
True or False: The Holy Family is a living example of the Fourth Commandment.
what every Christian family is called to be
True or False: The domestic Church is the "Church in the home" because in the home is where we learn about and experience work, forgiveness, and discipline.
True or False: Jesus is present in every Christian family.
List at least three special responsibilities that Catholic parents have to help their children grow in their faith:
1) Share their love and belief in God
2) Teach their children about the Trinity: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
3) Teach their children about Jesus and the Church
4) Bring their children to Sunday Mass and teach them how to pray and worship
5) Teach their children the difference between good and evil
6) Show their children the importance of sharing and caring for the needs of others; teach them selflessness
Give an example of how children can keep the Fourth Commandment?
1) By respecting their parents
2) By obeying their parents
3) By loving and cooperating with them
True or False: The Fourth Commandment also includes having respect for authority figures such as teachers, Church leaders and government leaders.
True or False: Learning about and obeying the just laws of our country, state, city or town is not an important way to keep the 4th Commandment
False: Learning our laws and obeying them are an important way to keep the Fourth Commandment!
Give an example of how Jesus lived out the Fourth Commandment...
When Mary asked Jesus to perform His first miracle; He did!
doing the just and good things that are asked of us
are called to be the communities of faith, hope and love
The Holy Family
Jesus, Mary and Joseph are called this
What we are called to show people who have authority over us and responsibility for us
what does God want Moses to do?
Which steps of the Interpretative Journey are part of the meaning of the text?
What was the Ethiopian eunuch doing as he was riding in his chariot and Philip caught up to him?
why did God wait so long to create Eve?
Sets found in the same folder
Holy Cross Regional 4th Grade Religion - Chap 16 o…
Holy Cross Regional 4th Grade Religion: Chapter 17…
Holy Cross Regional 4th Grade Religion: Lesson 18…
4th Grade Religion - Chap 19 The Eighth Commandment
Sets with similar terms
Abby Grade 4 We Believe Religion Chapter 15/16 fou…
Religion Chapter 15 The Fourth Commandment
Morality Chapter 4 Review
Morality Chapter 4 Review
Other sets by this creator
RLA HS Eng Lit Illiad Chapters 1 -18
Science - Chapter 7 Weather and Climate
weather and climate chapter 7
5th Grade Science - Chap 2 Lesson 2: Parts of a Ce…
Other Quizlet sets
Unit 2 Test Review- Theology 2
Religion Mid- term
Mr. Auteri Chapter 5
Gospels UNIT 4 SAMPLE SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS